Soapers Choice bases

Candybee

Anyone use these? Columbus Foods carries them at a good price so I am interested. Just wondering if anyone here has used them and what you think. I am also interested in the ingredients list but its not on their website. If you know another supplier that carries Soapers Choice they may have a list. Thanks.

Is Soaper's Choice the only brand that Columbus foods carries? The reason that I am asking is because I purchased their base I guess a year ago, perhaps a bit less. (It was when WSP went nuts and put the shipping in their prices.) It was regular white base. I cannot remember if it was soaper's choice though. There is a minor chemical odor to the finished soap. The odor disappears in a couple of hours, so it is no big deal. It is very good base for the money, but I just prefer others.

I asked about their bases on a different forum; sounds like they aren't that great, so I think I'll pass on them. However, I will continue to buy the oils from Columbus Foods as their prices are really good.

Chemistry Store carries Stephenson and the price is a bit better, not sure how the shipping costs would compare. \

I purchase my soap base from the Chemistry Store and it is just great. For me, the shipping fee is the lowest that I have found.

I currently purchase my bases from The Chemistry Store also. Their bases are okay but I am always on the lookout for better quality.

I miss buying from C&S. They are my fav bases by a mile. But they have raised their prices so high I decided to go with The Chemistry Store and alternate between them and Essentials by Catalina. But so far have yet to find the quality of the C&S bases anywhere.

I miss buying from C&S. They are my fav bases by a mile. But they have raised their prices so high I decided to go with The Chemistry Store and alternate between them and Essentials by Catalina. But so far have yet to find the quality of the C&S bases anywhere.

I feel your pain. I absolutely love the bases from SFIC in my recipe. The cost is insane now with shipping. I have yet to find a company that can supply me with what I need at a reasonable cost.

It really IS insane. I used SFIC faithfully and had no problem purchasing their 5 case minimum. Having so much base delivered by an 18 wheeler raised a few eyebrows in my neighborhood, but I rationalized that it was "only twice a year". The amount of money to ship from SFIC is literally ridiculous now. They have become a west coast supplier exclusively in recent years. I have not used their base in 4 or 5 years. I will always miss it though. It was the best base that I have ever used.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I am also interested in the ingredients list but its not on their website. If you know another supplier that carries Soapers Choice they may have a list. Thanks.

I've never used this soap. But I ran across this website and while searching info about different M&P soap, I saw your request.

Ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Goat Milk, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Triethanolamine, Water, Titanium Dioxide

When labeling your product, additives incorporated at 3% should be listed after Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate.

I got the list of ingredients from http://www.soapgoods.com/Crafters-Choice-Goats-Milk-p-986.html This was for their goats milk but they have the list for each soap they offer :)

Does this help any? Soap Making Resource new SFIC Melt and Pour Soap Base has just been launched a few minutes ago. Help us spread the word! Don't forget to "like" this post so you can share this information with other FB users! You can see all 15 of our melt and pour soap base varieties right here: http://www.soap-making-resource.com/soap-base.html

safe_image.php?d=AQCAI-RHVCEHmljM&w=90&h=90&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.soap-making-resource.com%2Fimage-files%2Fsoap-base.jpgSoap Base

www.soap-making-resource.com

• 3 weeks later...
Does this help any? Soap Making Resource new SFIC Melt and Pour Soap Base has just been launched a few minutes ago. Help us spread the word! Don't forget to "like" this post so you can share this information with other FB users! You can see all 15 of our melt and pour soap base varieties right here: http://www.soap-making-resource.com/soap-base.html

safe_image.php?d=AQCAI-RHVCEHmljM&w=90&h=90&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.soap-making-resource.com%2Fimage-files%2Fsoap-base.jpgSoap Base

www.soap-making-resource.com

I just purchased 20lbs of this base. Steve said the prebuy will be good until tonight! Might pick up more!

• 2 weeks later...