Candlechem - no scent descriptions

Buck Lure?

I'm going to give them a call on Monday to ask about some scent descriptions, including Buck Lure. Although I might not want to hear the answer! I just saw a post about their Patchouli in the patch thread and looked them up. HUGE scent list, most are self-explanatory, but not all. I especially wish the Christmas scents had descriptions.

Do you have any scent rants or raves about Candlechem? Thoughts about their overall quality?

Thanks.

I have never bought any of their scents. But, I have gotten other things and I can say they do have very fast shipping, no tracking number but I always get my orders very fast. I put in an order on the 3rd and got it yesterday the 7th. Hope that helps at least in that area :)

I do purchase some of their scents. Some smell dead on, like most of the bakery types and the things like patchouli and frankincense ect. But a few of the woods and florals just don't fit the bill to me. Cedar just doesn't cut it, neither does sage. Pine smells more like vicks to me, Fir Balsam is good though.

Buck Lure has me wondering too. But the guy in charge is very friendly and their customer service is awesome. It takes longer for shipping for me, but that's UPS's fault, not theirs.

The buck lure is like what hunters use when they go hunting deer. (Doe Urine) nasty, you will not want to use this in your house. Some people use it to mask human body odor so the deer think it's a doe in heat.

What carol k said... NASTY stuff.

I love candlechem for their dyes, the wide selection of metal molds, and other accessories. I live within driving distance but I always have it shipped (don't want to drive through Boston). My orders usually arrive the very next day. I've emailed Arnie a few times, and always have received a fast, polite response. The monthly deals are pretty good, too.

About their FOs, they are hit or miss, run off the mill stuff. Not bad, just not great, for the most part. I have about 60 of their scents, and most are just sitting on the shelf because I found better ones elsewhere. I should probably throw them out because they are at least 2 years old, and most older.

I bought a couple of FO's to try from them once and wasn't overly impressed. Fast shipping but I'm not TOO far from them. IIRC I tried a strawberry and a pink grapefruit. Both smelled great in the bottle but once I tried using them... eh.

huh.... my bro-in-law has been pestering me to make him stuff that smells like doe urine (I have always , um, regretfully declined). Maybe I'll just buy him a bottle of this FO and give it to him for Christmas lol

• 10 months later...

The no descriptions have always bugged me along with them not being labeled skin safe or not but as others have said the owners are very helpful and respond to questions quickly. I have gotten a few over the years that are very strong. One that jumps into my head was Strawberry Margarita. I can't think of which others I have used right now.