Peak FO sample packs! Any must-haves I should try, beside these?

kcollins78

I just got an email from Peak (REMOVED SALE SPECIFICS -- Scented) FO sample packs (EDITED AGAIN TO REMOVE SPECIFICS, A VIOLATION OF THIS SECTION) and would like to try a bunch of good ones. I searched the forum and came up with the following as must-tries, do you have any other recommendations?

Mountain Lake

Moonlight Path

White tea & Ginger

Lavender

Lilac

Ocean

Blackberry Tea

Blackberry Sage

Coconut Milk

Fireside

Home for the Holidays

(I haven't checked Peak's website to see if any of those have been discontinued; some may have been because I couldn't pull up any posts more recent than '07 or so...)

Thanks!! Been hoping for a sale so I could try more lovely scents!

Edited by Scented

My Peaks favorites are

Banana Nut Bread

Amish Harvest

Stormwatch Yankee Dupe

Coconut Milk

I've read good reviews of their Ocean, I have not used it though. Don't like the Watermelon, like Indiana's better. Not thrilled with their Patchouli, lack depth and warmth in my opinion. The Buttermint Candies are very minty with very little creamy butter notes.

Sorry about that, I didn't realize I was violating any rules when I mentioned the sale :confused:

I know it sounds weird, but they only want sale stuff mentioned in the 'sale' section. It is near marketplace. Not sure why, but hey, whatever ...

LOL

Yes, Banana Nut Bread is absolutely delish!!

I know it sounds weird, but they only want sale stuff mentioned in the 'sale' section. It is near marketplace. Not sure why, but hey, whatever ...

LOL

To keep it all in one section so it is easier to find and to keep from having several posts of the same mention of a sale from controlling any area of the board.

Almost everything from Peak's is good. Mango Papaya, Rose Bouquet, Jamaica Me Crazy, Spruce Christmas Tree, Clean Cotton, Cool Citrus Basil, French Vanilla, Grandma's Swinging Eggnog, Lemon Pound Cake, Coconut Lime Verbena, Lilac, Pina Colada, Sage & Lemongrass, Spiced Cranberry, and White Tea & Ginger are favorites of mine. The only one I specifically avoid is Hollyberry & Ivy, smells like cat pee.

Love Peak..my favorites are:

White Tea and Ginger

Amish Harvest

Spruce Christmas Tree

Winter Wonderland

Coconut Lime Verbena..(fantastic in Soap by the way)

French Vanilla & Amber

Paris Twilight

Twilight Woods

I know there is more....oh..the Lavender is good and also Black Canyon is a good masculine scent.

I am not sure what you are looking for, but Peaks has a great Plumeria. Of your list, I like the Lilac, Coconut Milk, and Lavender. I have not tried any of the others that you have listed. I would also DEFINITELY recommend Mandarin Plum, Hyacinth, Orange Blossom, and French Vanilla.

Vanilla Passion is a good one, one of my best sellers and it blends well with a lot of other scents. Cedar is good, smells just like fresh cut cedar wood. Lilac, Lavender, Rose (smells authentic, not the chemical rosey smell you get in some lotions), Macintosh Apple, Cinnamon smells like Red Hots candies. Orange is just a straight orange smell. I don't think there are many I've found from there that are not good.

I just got an email from Peak (REMOVED SALE SPECIFICS -- Scented) FO sample packs (EDITED AGAIN TO REMOVE SPECIFICS, A VIOLATION OF THIS SECTION) and would like to try a bunch of good ones. I searched the forum and came up with the following as must-tries, do you have any other recommendations?

Mountain Lake

Moonlight Path

White tea & Ginger

Lavender

Lilac

Ocean

Blackberry Tea

Blackberry Sage

Coconut Milk

Fireside

Home for the Holidays

(I haven't checked Peak's website to see if any of those have been discontinued; some may have been because I couldn't pull up any posts more recent than '07 or so...)

Thanks!! Been hoping for a sale so I could try more lovely scents!

What type of application do you plan to use the scent in...pillars, containers, soaps, lotions, etc, etc, etc.?????

What type of application do you plan to use the scent in...pillars, containers, soaps, lotions, etc, etc, etc.?????

Sorry, I didn't think to specify - I plan to make soy container candles (starting with CB135 and planning on trying GW415 soon) and am looking in particular for FOs that throw well in those. The only candle I've made so far was with Beach Linen from Candle Science but didn't get much of a hot throw from it...

Sorry, I didn't think to specify - I plan to make soy container candles (starting with CB135 and planning on trying GW415 soon) and am looking in particular for FOs that throw well in those. The only candle I've made so far was with Beach Linen from Candle Science but didn't get much of a hot throw from it...

There are several on you list that I have good results with but I do only paraffin so can't give any feedback on how they do in soy.

Has anyone tried the Watermelon or the Strawberries & Cream? I got them both and I am dying to try them in a candle. They smell delicious in the bottle!

I have not tried Watermelon, but the Strawberries and Cream is super strong and very accurate.