here's what tarts on ebay are doing, LOL

Wessex

I was just catching up on my "Breaking Bad" (show on AMC, don't know if you know it or not), discovered it a few months ago and became addicted. Now I have to see all the old ones (that run from like midnight til 2 or 3 am). But of course got an email from a shop that I just put some new types of soy melts in today and they sold all but one pack and want more. So, of course, I have to get them poured ASAP so they can start curing. And of course they wanted more oil, and I am on the last of my DPG (thankfully I have a NG order showing up tomorrow), so mixing what I have. And of course I am out of Monkey Farts and did not order more and that's one of the ones they wanted....Ah, love it when I have nothing all week and then all this crap at once. But money is money.

Cheers,

Steve

Well hey, being busy with sales is always a great thing! Can't say I have seen that show but will put it on the instant queue to check it out =) Now isn't it always that way....anytime your out or low on a oil, that's the one EVERYONE wants! We are very lucky to be so close to a few suppliers, but doing 2 or 3 trips in 1 week starts to get really old LOL

Hey on a side note and way off this topic (maybe we should PM? lol) but what ratio do you do your oils in? Had a few people say that our 50/50 didn't seem "strong" enough (to clarify a few people, 1 out of 10) so we were thinking of going to a 25/75 DPG to FO ratio.... Any thoughts?

I do 50/50 and have great results with 95% of everything I have tested. Some (like Merlin's Forest from MW) is exceptionally good at 50/50 and could probably be cut (which I won't do). Another personal favorite is Sun, Moon & Stars from NG. Most of the oils throw great for 3-5 days of constant use in the electric oil warmers (I use 1/10th of an ounce at a time). I also find that the oils never evaporate off, just darken and thicken over time (no water added). They do "smoke" (think it is more steam than smoke) a bit at the higher heat settings, which I usually don't use as the light is too bright. Overall, oils throw great, and the profit margin is good. The damn bottles add half the cost! Of course, I only order 100 at a time until I decide the feasability of the oils. If I ordered large quantities to price would go down considerably. Wow, hijacked my own thread, LOL.

Cheers,

Steve

Back to the original thread :). I liked he has 42 clamshells and 46 flavors??

Did not even notice that, LOL. The bid is now up to 9 bucks, was a penny. And some poor bastard is probably going to try to resell these on Etsy, LOL

Cheers,

Steve

I get so irritated at craft shows when looking at some of the labels. I mean, come on, put a little effort into it. I have actually seen address labels slapped on jelly jars with handwritten...I mean chicken scratched fragrance names. In a crooked line, no less.

Trudi

I get so irritated at craft shows when looking at some of the labels. I mean, come on, put a little effort into it. I have actually seen address labels slapped on jelly jars with handwritten...I mean chicken scratched fragrance names. In a crooked line, no less.

Trudi

I know what you mean, the other part of that is what the people are wearing. I have seen people selling things at shows and they look like they just got out of bed and put cloths on to clean the house. IMO packaging includes how you look too! You are the one selling your products and should dress the part, a logo on your shirt is a nice touch.

BTW - that's my $9.00 bid! LOL

Well 9 buck covers the cost of the clamshells at least, LOL. As far as dressing for shows, I have only done one show and I wore a beautiful, gaudy Hawaiian shirt and CLEAN blue jeans. Best part about it...it was a political event (complete with Congressman and Secret Service) and everyone was in business dress LOL. (BTW George Allen (ex Va governor, ex Senator and running for senate in 2012) bought 2 candles! But back to the thread. I really hope you did not bid on those beasties!

Cheers,

Steve

Wessex, Breaking Bad is awesome and I am also addicted. I can't believe the twists and turns and sometimes am just shaking my head by the end but keep going back for more!

As for the clamshells, IF this person even made them it looks like it is all of the ones that did not turn out. Although the labels don't even match so who knows.