To Those That Make Wickless Candles?

What information do you use on a warning label? I know it needs to contain something concerning the location of the candle and the warmer(areas that are not high traffic locations), that the wax is hot and could burn skin... I use pre-printed labels for my regular candles but I haven't located any for the wickless.

• 2 weeks later...
What information do you use on a warning label? I know it needs to contain something concerning the location of the candle and the warmer(areas that are not high traffic locations), that the wax is hot and could burn skin... I use pre-printed labels for my regular candles but I haven't located any for the wickless.

I too am wondering what warning info to put on a label for wickless candles. Over the christmas season I had alot of requests for them. I do not think I am going to use a bottom label like my normal candle line since the label would be placed on the warmers surface and could be a hazard. But am wondering what the general consensus thinks for info on a hang tag or top label.

Right/NO WARNING LABEL on the bottom.I have to preach this to customers.When they buy a candle at times they say I can put this on my warmer.I jump in and say yes some people do but IF you do make sure the warning label is off and I show them where it is.

I did have young lady whose was getting a candle and said she was putting it on a warmer.She was telling this in front of her mom.Her mom sAid NO I put one on a candlewarmer and left the label on and almost had a fire.I had been telling people over and over at this show and finally someone said they made the mistake.Her daughter was so glad to know that.

I only took my wick candles that day as so many just don't know about the wickless.I got tired of explaining to them how safe they are and they just did not care.Brought candles with a wick.

LynnS

I would also put on a wickless label "Keep away from pets and children".You know how curious both can be and may get to close and get burned.So there is one warning.

I use a small handtag that on the inside says ...

"Please remove lid before placing on heat plate to allow scent to escape. Once wax is liquefied scent will be at full strength. This candle jar scent will last for hours, but liquid will not melt away. Please keep jar of hot wax and heating device out of reach of children and pets as it will burn. Use no longer than 4 hours, when done turn off device, and place lid back on jar. Soy wax can be cleaned up with hot soapy water if spilled."

I also don't fill any close to the top so as not to spill easily when melted, as you never know what the end user will do. HTH :)

Another thought and warning.AFTER USE DO NOT PUT WAX DOWN THE DRAIN.I've had a few ask"What do you do with the wax".Thank goodness I already heard.Some of these people I am sure are thinking of the enviromental aspect.Throwing wax in the garbage.My friend flips out when I use paper cups and plates.

LynnS