CS honeysuckle VS Peak honeysuckle???

felixncharlie

To me that's what it smells like out of bottle. I think it's very strong but smells very good a bit too sweet for me for a real honeysuckle, but we'll see. I'd like to get something made tonight but moving my work area around :mad:

I also got their Gardenia and do not like it at all oob :(

Have any of you tried the Honeysuckle from C&S? I have it and it smells more like real honeysuckle then the CS one. Only problem I have is I don't think it's strong enough... not for me anyhow :)

Once I get my "area" cleaned up and moved I'm going to make one of each see which I like best.

The honeysuckle tart I was testing definately morphed into a "hair product" type scent. Lost all the sweetness by about the 12 hour mark. Didn't smell bad, but definately different. Ended the testing at 30 hours. Still was throwing, but only about a third of the strength from the 8 hour mark. Maybe it just doesn't like the heat of a hot plate warmer. The candles have gone through 4 test burns (4 hours each) and have not morphed at all. Tarts are soy, candles are GG palm. May not be a true honeysuckle, but I like it. Maybe name it New Zealand Mountain Honeysuckle or some such nonsense, LOL.

Cheers,

Steve

Seems like a lot of us including myself are looking for a great HS. I have Aroma Haven's and KY's and don't like them much!! When I tried to get CS sample they were OOS. Sounds like I did not miss much.

Well..... Here I go back to my hunt....

B

So, then it does not actually smell like Honeysuckle, but like candy?

Crap. I am glad that I read this thread. I have never found the perfect Honeysuckle.

I just sniffed mine again, thinking my nose might have been so fried when I got it that I couldn't smell.

It's so NOT Honeysuckle it's not even in the same city, much less the same ball park. It is WAY NOT Honeysuckle.

I just sniffed mine again, thinking my nose might have been so fried when I got it that I couldn't smell.

It's so NOT Honeysuckle it's not even in the same city, much less the same ball park. It is WAY NOT Honeysuckle.

I do like the smell, but no way would I sell it as Honeysuckle... People would think I was crazy :laugh2:

I use Fillmore Containers Honeysuckle. It throws strong in my GG palm. Not too sweet, reminds me very much like the honeysuckle CS used in their Honeysuckle Jasmine without the strong jasmine note of course.

I have tried the Honeysuckle from C&S and it was a great seller in my M&P soaps. But I only used it in soap and not candles. It didn't smell strong enough for candles to me.

I have yet to try CS Honeysuckle. It wasn't listed when I ordered my samples so I missed out. Won't get a chance to order a sample until I get more money for a regular order. But I wan't to sample it to see what its like. I love their Honeysuckle Jasmine. That is a winner!

I've never used CS Honeysuckle but I use Peak's Honeysuckle and I'd have to say I really like it. I personally think it smells like the real thing. Very floral, not at all perfumey. But that's just me. And it throws very good in my smelly jellies.

When I placed my fo order with CS, HS wasn't listed so I didn't get it. Just had to place another order for tins and selected HS as my free sample. Will see what I think. I agree with Candybee...Cs Honeysuckle Jasmine is amazing. If they could just get the Honeysuckle w/o the Jasmine to be as amazingly awesome...would def be a winner.

I have yet to try CS Honeysuckle. It wasn't listed when I ordered my samples so I missed out. Won't get a chance to order a sample until I get more money for a regular order. But I wan't to sample it to see what its like. I love their Honeysuckle Jasmine. That is a winner!

Candybee...I have one and I don't like it oob, if you want to PM me your address I will send it to you to try.

I thought the CS Honeysuckle was not very accurate. Had a strange smell - reminding me of a slightly fruity, "cleanser/soap" or bathroom smell.

Could be good for a rename, but I would never guess it to be Honeysuckle or a floral.

I do like BCS honeysuckle though (have not tried Peak)

• 4 weeks later...

Honeysuckle IS a great seller. I just personally have not found one that is true. I have honeysuckle right in my garden and the scent is incredible. It just smells so perfumy in an FO. It is not that it is a bad scent. It smells very pretty. It is just not like my garden.

Noodle, I know what you mean. I am having the same problem with Plumeria;)

Which plumeria have you tried? I love the scent of Peaks plumeria the best, and it sells very well. I have honestly never smelled real plumeria, so I have no basis for comparison.