My First Candle Party

sbs

So the party was last night and turned out pretty good. Out of 80 something people we invited only 6 came. There were thunderstorms so I'm pretty glad they even showed up. I made $207! Yay!! More than I expected. My tins did really well. I took sliverofwax's and mparadise's advice and lowered the price to $5 by doing a two for $10 special. I sold two warmers, 2 16oz apothecary jars, some tarts, and had a few outside orders for more tins!

The pics below are of my set up and food table. The camera is a little sucky but I think it turned out nice.

post-13057-139458478176_thumb.jpg

post-13057-139458478184_thumb.jpg

Thanks you guys!:cheesy2: Yes it was perfect practice. I even got some critique and was told I'm a horrible salesperson Lol.. I know I need to work on my people skills. I get so nervous my mind just goes blank. That same person said I'm lucky the candles were selling themselves which was true. But I still need to talk more and be able to sell more. I'm going to pick up a book on public speaking and marketing. Also, as you can see from the picture, I tried out the jelly jars with a few scents but didn't sell any with this crowd. I'm thinking they might do better at a fair though.

SO Glad the party's over with!:yay: And I officially received word I was accepted for the craft fair on April 30th!! Can't wait...

Very nice table display and I'm glad to hear you did so well. I know you were nervous about how many would come. It looks like you had plenty of food too.

Thanks! Yes there was a good amount of food courtesy of my lovely sister!:yay:She was my co-host :cheesy2:. I tried to give her free candles but she refused to take them and instead bought some from me... calls herself being supportive which she is and that is great but I really wanted her to take something for free :mad:. But she is as stubborn as me.

Beautiful! Congratulations! & you must be a good sales person to sell $207 to 6 people!

I had a successful career in sales because I was a soft-sell. "Selling is asking & listening." The more you talk, the less they'll buy. Ask & listen, and they'll sell themselves & tell you exactly how to close them. & the best way to make lot's of sales is to keep them laughing. "When they're laughing they're buying."

I'm glad to know that tins sell well. I wondered how they sold compared to jelly jars. Was the price $6.00 for 1 and $10.00 for 2? Were they 8 oz? How much were the jelly jars?

Beautiful! Congratulations! & you must be a good sales person to sell $207 to 6 people!

I had a successful career in sales because I was a soft-sell. "Selling is asking & listening." The more you talk, the less they'll buy. Ask & listen, and they'll sell themselves & tell you exactly how to close them. & the best way to make lot's of sales is to keep them laughing. "When they're laughing they're buying."

I'm glad to know that tins sell well. I wondered how they sold compared to jelly jars. Was the price $6.00 for 1 and $10.00 for 2? Were they 8 oz? How much were the jelly jars?

Thank you! And that's good advice for sales :cheesy2:. As for the tins, I think it depends.. the 6 people that came are from big cities in New York and California. They didn't even open a jelly jar to smell it (seriously). Now being in Georgia I think they may do well at the fairs. I sold my 8 oz tins 2 for $10 for the candle party only. I sell them for $8 normally. The jelly jars are 16oz ball masons and I had them priced at $10.

Thank you! And that's good advice for sales :cheesy2:. As for the tins, I think it depends.. the 6 people that came are from big cities in New York and California. They didn't even open a jelly jar to smell it (seriously). Now being in Georgia I think they may do well at the fairs. I sold my 8 oz tins 2 for $10 for the candle party only. I sell them for $8 normally. The jelly jars are 16oz ball masons and I had them priced at $10.

Oh, okay, so they went for the tins because they were smaller & lower price than the jelly jars, then. Or maybe because they were easier to transport back to NY & CA than big glass jj.

Thanks for telling me the usual $8 price on the 8 oz tins, good to know.

congrats on having a good party!! Your display looks GREAT!! Now that you've gotten one under your belt you know what to expect and know what you should work on, add, change etc. The ones down the road will be a little easier now since you've gotten the first one down and you survived!! :wink2: Looking at the food pic... now I'm hungry.

Congrats on your first show! Sometimes public speaking can be hard. I have the opposite problem as I tend to talk to much. I am excited to start parties. I have a few people who are already on a list to do a party once I open up shop. I am almost there!!!! Good luck and remember once you do a few it will become second nature.