Some of my first creations

So instead of starting out with simple pillars I just jumped right in :)

This first one I did was when I was doing the Susan G. Komen for the Cure walk. For a first chunk, let alone my first pillar, I didn't think it turned out to bad.

post-13137-139458478033_thumb.jpg

Then I decided to try my hand at a candy cane pillar using the instructions on CandleTech. Obviously I poured the layers to soon as the pink was supposed to be white but my friends thought I did it like that on purpose :laugh2: I was thrilled with the way it burned as the last pic shows all that was left:yay: The HT sucked though and I couldn't figure it out as the peppermint was burning my nose when I was making it:(

post-13137-139458478096_thumb.jpg

Next I just had to try some other molds out I had. The last pic is after 21 hours total burn time. I had slight spill over on the smaller ones in the beginning. Not sure if I should wick down or leave it. Used 18FB on the small, 24FB on the bigger one.

post-13137-139458478108_thumb.jpg

Well, after looking at all the beautiful palm pillars on here, I just HAD to try that too using Starburst Palm from Peaks:cheesy2:

post-13137-139458478116_thumb.jpg

And apparently that's all I can post on posting:smiley2: Will post a couple others to follow.

post-13137-139458478028_thumb.jpg

post-13137-139458478089_thumb.jpg

post-13137-139458478092_thumb.jpg

post-13137-1394584781_thumb.jpg

post-13137-139458478104_thumb.jpg

post-13137-139458478112_thumb.jpg

Ok, here are my last few pics. Again, I couldn't just do a simple sphere, I had to make a layered one. Twigs & Berries 2nd pic is after almost 30 hours of burn time.

post-13137-139458478129_thumb.jpg

And last are a few jars recently made using 6006 with 15% 464. Loved the smooth creamy tops:) Gardenia, Clean Cotton, Bayberry, & Twigs & Berries.

post-13137-139458478156_thumb.jpg

Ok, I'm done for now :)

post-13137-139458478124_thumb.jpg

post-13137-139458478148_thumb.jpg

post-13137-139458478152_thumb.jpg

post-13137-139458478162_thumb.jpg

Wow they all look great :yay: Love all of them you are very talented. I have to tell you I mix the Starburst and Feather Palms 50/50 for votives and Oh my, They were beautiful.

What dbl wicks did you use in the taureen may I ask?

wow, you have been busy! They all look nice. I tried that candy cane and got the same pink. A trick is to pour a super thin layer of white and let that set, then pour the rest. It helps to stop the bleeding.

I really like the green palm and I love the square/ not square mold!

Thanks for the compliments! It's reassuring to know that your on the right track when just starting out.

Soy, just for kicks I decided to try double wicking that dang tureen since I haven't had much luck single wicking it. I tried almost every kind of wick in it. This one has HTP 41. I tried another one with double HTP 52 and it left some soot. I tried double CD 4 with no smoke, no soot and no hang up whatsoever. Just don't touch the jar though or you'll burn your fingers:eek: I haven't totally given up on single wicking it though since it's only the 8oz one. Someone suggested either a CD 12 or 14. I found a couple places that have CD 3's but I don't have any right now.

Georgia, not to busy. I actually did these scattered over the last 6 months since I started. I just couldn't stop myself from playing :cheesy2:

I think you did a terrific job! Hard to believe you're a newbie! Keep up the good work...

BTW, the Susan G. Komen pillar...is that a rectangular mold? Kinda like a brick? I've been looking for a mold like that. Would you mind revealing where you purchased it?

I think you did a terrific job! Hard to believe you're a newbie! Keep up the good work...

BTW, the Susan G. Komen pillar...is that a rectangular mold? Kinda like a brick? I've been looking for a mold like that. Would you mind revealing where you purchased it?

Thank you so much! Even though I just joined this forum this month, I have been reading & re-reading many threads here for a couple months and doing lots of research on other sights too. You are all awesome on here with all the helpful suggestions. :)

Actually this is the same mold as the green palm pillar which shows the shape better. It was given to me along with all my other molds but Peaks has it. http://www.peakcandle.com/products/Square-wAngled-Corners--35-x-45__M1022.aspx

They look quite nice and that layering is a trick with white, but it looks like a cinnamon mint too. I realize it probably had no cinnamon in it, but still lol.

That's it!! That's EXACTLY what I was going for! A cinnamon mint:laugh2: