I was also hacked on 2/22/11...there was only one website I had used

Freezin

Okay..started a new thread because I was getting lost on how many of us have been hacked so far.

Two weeks before my card was stolen I had ordered from BittercreekNorth. I didn't see that one listed as one anybody else had ordered from.

The websites that I use the most are for candles are:

NG, Peaks, JS and SOS. But I haven't ordered from SOS in quite a while. But I have used others. The only place I have ordered from recently was BCN, tho.

I order from amazon a lot and paypal for ebay.

istock.com was the site my card was used fradulently

Can we start a list of who was hacked and the date:

1. Freezin - 2/22/11

Amazon closed my account down due to fraudulent activity on my card #. They caught it themselves but it has made me not order from there again. This happened at the begining of Feb. The last time I used them to buy anything was in Dec.

Well that is not good because I just got my new card a couple of days ago and just placed an order today with them. Could it really be amazon? I order from them more than anyone and spent a lot of money over the holidays. Just is such a pain in the butt. Man I would love to beat these people within an inch of their lives and I am usually not a violent person.

It won't matter when you ordered from or if it was recent if that supplier keeps your card on file. So even if you ordered from a supplier last August, they may still have you stolen card # on file. So you need to find out ALL the places you used this card at, not just recent places.

3/3/11 was when I was hit.

I don't think so Amazon has had my cc number for years and I never had a problem with that card.

Well that is not good because I just got my new card a couple of days ago and just placed an order today with them. Could it really be amazon? I order from them more than anyone and spent a lot of money over the holidays. Just is such a pain in the butt. Man I would love to beat these people within an inch of their lives and I am usually not a violent person.
Edited by annie123

Yes, I was hit a few weeks ago and I had not used my Discover card in 2 months.

This seems to be an ongoing problem and I am sure that the supplier is not aware of what is going on.

Maybe it is time to do a generic e-mail and contact all the suppliers we have used.

It won't matter when you ordered from or if it was recent if that supplier keeps your card on file. So even if you ordered from a supplier last August, they may still have you stolen card # on file. So you need to find out ALL the places you used this card at, not just recent places.

3/3/11 was when I was hit.

Please don't bite me for mentioning this...Do any of you use IPhones, Droids, or Blackberries? I just saw a tech segment on TV concernning malicious apps. Google alone identified 64 last week, and are trying to get them removed or fixed, and accessing if there are more. The tech segment said that if you have one of these on your device(and it may not be a malicious app thru Google)they can gain access to all your info eventually, off your computer. I know nothing about wireless devices...just mentioning verbatim what they said.:tiptoe:

Please don't bite me for mentioning this...Do any of you use IPhones, Droids, or Blackberries? I just saw a tech segment on TV concernning malicious apps. Google alone identified 64 last week, and are trying to get them removed or fixed, and accessing if there are more. The tech segment said that if you have one of these on your device(and it may not be a malicious app thru Google)they can gain access to all your info eventually, off your computer. I know nothing about wireless devices...just mentioning verbatim what they said.:tiptoe:

Nope all my purchases were made thru my computer.

Which I scanned with Malwarebytes and I do not have any virus or malicious bugs..

nope - and we're on a secure network (wireless so I can work from anywhere in my house) but its encrypted and secure so it cant be "blue snarfed"

My Paypal Mastercard was hacked on 03/03/11. Only Supplier I have used it at is Fillmore container in November.

Websites I visit alot are: (have NOT used this particular card at any site other then Fillmore though)

Amazon, Paypal, Bittercreek, Peaks, Fillmore Container, and Brambleberry.

Edited by jgcurtis1961
Add more info

All my purchases have been through the computer also.

I have not ordered from Brambleberry, but I forgot that I ordered from Fillamore in November and many other times before that for at least 6 years. So my common companies with those that have listed are:

Bittercreek

Fillmore

Peak

Amazon

Paypal

NG - didn't someone say that one?

1. Freezin - 2/22/11 (BCN, NG, Fillmore, SOS, Peaks, JS, paypal, amazon) - Visa

2. NaturallyTru 2/24/11 (CS, Fillmore, HF, BCN, NG, SS)

3. Island Girl - 3/3/11 - Visa

4. Annie123 - 2/11 (with a card that hadn't been used in two months) Discover & MC

5. jgcurtis - 3/3/11 (Fillmore, bittercreek (S or N?), Peaks, Fillmore, Brambleberry, paypal, amazon)

6. blt212 - 3/3/11 - Visa

7. deb426 - 3/1/11 - Visa

8. Wessex - 2/11 - CS, Peaks - Discover

9. jaxxcandles - 3/2/11 - (amazon & various candle suppliers)

10. Dana - MC

11. Karen - OH - Visa

12. blue - 3/3/11 - (CS, Peak, Candles & Supplies) MC

13. LuminousBoutique - husbands card but used for a few suppliers only - Peaks, CS, SKS

14. Ravens

15. Northwoods - 3/4/11 (soapers choice, Hoba care, past orders Peaks, CS)

16. AlwaysWondering - 3/7/11 - Visa

Added the suppliers I used that we all seem to have in common.

Also added others that were comprised and maybe they can fill in their info.

3. Island Girl - 3/3/11 - Visa (CS, Fillmore, NG, BCN, C&S, JS, Amazon, USPS, UPS)

4. Annie123 - 2/11 (with a card that hadn't been used in two months) Discover & MC

5. jgcurtis - 3/3/11 (Fillmore, bittercreek (S or N?), Peaks, Fillmore, Brambleberry, paypal, amazon)

7. deb426 - 3/1/11 - Visa

10. Dana - MC

11. Karen - OH - Visa

13. LuminousBoutique - husbands card but used for a few suppliers only - Peaks, CS, SKS

14. Ravens

17. BrendaOH

Edited by islandgirl

3. Island Girl - 3/3/11 - Visa (CS, Fillmore, NG, BCN, C&S, JS, Amazon, USPS, UPS)

7. deb426 - 3/1/11 - Visa (CS, Peaks, Alabaster, Fillmore, Coastal Scents, Flexible Molds, Candles & Supplies) [Also ITunes]

10. Dana - MC

11. Karen - OH - Visa

14. Ravens

17. BrendaOH

Be very, very, and I say very leary of Amazon. I had 2 different purchases that people tried to process on my debit card one of them was for over $900 a computer. Of course I didn't have that much money and my bank denied them. Another smaller charge however did go through. I never order anything from Amazon any more.

They didn't even seem concerned about it.

AlwaysWondering - illegal purchase made on 3/3/11 for $80 at G Potato out of Ireland, video games. Bank America Visa Debit card. This thread made me check and I discovered it today.

I consistently order from NG, CS, C&S, ICS, KY, Aztec, TCS, DS, WSP, MW, AH, Elements, BCN, CMS, BS, Berts, SS, Tenn, SweetCakes, MMS, Peaks

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few I've used in the last year. The hacking could have just taken place in the past few weeks but as another poster said, the transaction with your credit card could have taken place anytime in the past!

Oh, and I never ever order from Amazon with this card.

Edited by AlwaysWondering

Thanks for the heads up guys. I have been checking my account and even spoke to my bank. So far on unusual charges (knock on wood).

I don't know if this help but thought I would post it.

I have not ordered candle supplies for over a year. I just got back into candle making and ordered from both Peak and CS within the last week. I will let you know if anything changes. This may help narrow things down or not.

I am scrolling through our CC purchases...what a chore when you utilize online shopping, banking, etc...

Has anyone alerted the moderators or the IT department for this board? It seems suspicious that this many CT members have fraudulent charges in such a short span. Has anyone asked someone with fraud experience to check this out? Surely someone here is in that field; Darbla comes to mind, though don't quote me on it, but I bet she'd take a look for the board's sake. I'm praying I don't find anything tonight-damn printer is out of ink, and I just arrived home from my big "city" shopping trip sans ink.