I feel kinda embarrassed but in a good way LOL!

queensh

The maintenance guy at my job asked me if I had been smelling like a sweet smell for the last couple days. Immediately I knew what he was talking about. I have been burning my tarts in my burner in my office. You can smell it all the way out in the hall by the elevators!! He said that even one of the other tenants on the floor asked him about the smell and he had said maybe somebody is making some type of sweet coffee hahaha. He was really intrigued when I told him what it was. I am glad that I am getting such awesome HT but is too strong to be smelling like this all in the suite and in the hallway??

I don't know..I might get bashed for saying this but even though I'm a candle maker, I would hate to have to smell someone else's choice of scent all day at work. I guess it would be okay if I liked the scent but what if I didnt' like it? Scent is so subjective. Like smelling someone else's perfume all day. Even if it smells great, it could cause problems to some people with sensitivities. If its in the work place, and other tenants are smelling it, that might be considered intrusive. Its not like they can leave. And not everyone would be brave enough to say something to you. Maybe put in smaller pieces so that the scent stays more limited to your personal space. Or I could be completely wrong, who knows.

I don't know..I might get bashed for saying this but even though I'm a candle maker, I would hate to have to smell someone else's choice of scent all day at work. I guess it would be okay if I liked the scent but what if I didnt' like it? Scent is so subjective. Like smelling someone else's perfume all day. Even if it smells great, it could cause problems to some people with sensitivities. If its in the work place, and other tenants are smelling it, that might be considered intrusive. Its not like they can leave. And not everyone would be brave enough to say something to you. Maybe put in smaller pieces so that the scent stays more limited to your personal space. Or I could be completely wrong, who knows.

oh I'm not going to bash you for your opinion. I totally see what you are saying. I have been burning different ones for the past 2 weeks and I think this kind is the only one that has been this strong. My coworker in the office next to me made a comment that she has been liking my tarts but she is the only one so I just assumed they were average with the HT. There are only 4 people in my office and we are not shy about telling each other stuff hahaha

I don't know..I might get bashed for saying this but even though I'm a candle maker, I would hate to have to smell someone else's choice of scent all day at work. I guess it would be okay if I liked the scent but what if I didn't' like it? Scent is so subjective. Like smelling someone else's perfume all day. Even if it smells great, it could cause problems to some people with sensitivities. If its in the work place, and other tenants are smelling it, that might be considered intrusive. Its not like they can leave. And not everyone would be brave enough to say something to you. Maybe put in smaller pieces so that the scent stays more limited to your personal space. Or I could be completely wrong, who knows.

I have to agree to an extent. I love smelling other candles and burn mine at work all the time. Great advertising and my co workers are always asking to see what new scents I have! But, I understand the comparison between candles and perfume. I generally do not wear perfume to work or wear a very light fragrance as I feel it unprofessional to make everyone smell my perfume all day. That being said, if the throw is that strong, it is probably not appropriate for the work place.

I would not feel embarrassed, but if I were you I would reconsider my behavior.

BUT..... Good work on have an excellent HT!!:yay:

Because my house is over 100 years old closet space is sparse...1 of my first orders was for 2 dozen cinnamon bun candles so I put a box on the floor of the closet in my office..Jay uses that closet...one day he came home from work and told me he was concerned about a female employee that leaned in to him and told him he smelled delicious and he thought she was hitting on him...lol...I smelled his suit jacket and sure enough it smelled like cinnamon buns...I think he was kinda disappointed..lol

Yeah, I work with someone who is allergic to all scents. She demands that I not use cologne and when I have a candle in the office or receive an order from a supplier she runs out the door. Two other co-workers have told me they like the scents and one said she had no sense of smell and didn't care.

Well, now the two and the one are claiming that they too have allergic reactions.

Funny, today I got a box of clamshells and there were complaints. Clamshells don't have FO in them. It was clearly a "reaction" of epic emotional proportion. "Oh, Eric got a shipment, we all have to run out and cough and party at lunch."

My customers rave when they are that strong. They can always blow them out. Most of the time when somebody has a problem with them, they ask them to not burn them. If they just open the lid, it will put off a little for their own office. Nobody complains to me that they are too strong. But I don't make many perfumy headache ones. Ya know?