Buttermilk & Carrot Soap

singleyellowrose

If making it a facial soap I would leave it unscented and use honey to scent it with. I just made Carrot, Buttermilk and Honey facial soap last week. If you want to scent your facial soaps use E.O.s

The first Soap is Tomato and Heavy Cream Second one is Carrot Buttermilk and Honey the third is Bananas and Yogurt.

Barb

post-1039-139458477273_thumb.jpg

In a completely different angle I recently made some soap colored with carrot juice that I scented with a neroli blend to make a bright and uplifting sunshiney soap. You could probobly also do a vanilla citrus along the same veins to capitalise on the buttermilk aspect.

Well.. I made it!

In 60oz of oils I added 4oz of pureed carrots, 2 egg yolks, & 3oz of honey. We shall see tomorrow how it smells. I decided not to add any additional scent. Hopefully, the ammonia smell will go away (first time soaping buttermilk) and the honey will come through.

I used more EVOO in this than my normal recipe too..

After working 6 10+ hours a day .... I needed some relaxation!!:yay:

Although I am back to the same next week starting tomorrow :shocked2:

Edited by singleyellowrose

• 1 year later...

that's so creative. I would never have thought of those combinations. I would have thought the food items would cause spoilage (I know the oils are food items too but they have longer shelf lives than eggs and such).

Carrots for beta carotene. Eggs give an almost silky type lather. Buttermilk is high in alpha hydroxys. Not sure what all survives the saponification process, but I LOVE my Buttermilk, Carrot and Egg soap for my face. Makes it feel like a baby's butt..

eta: strawberry puree could probably be used in CP, but I would think it would turn the soap some sort of tan/brown.

Edited by singleyellowrose

Carrots for beta carotene. Eggs give an almost silky type lather. Buttermilk is high in alpha hydroxys. Not sure what all survives the saponification process, but I LOVE my Buttermilk, Carrot and Egg soap for my face. Makes it feel like a baby's butt..

eta: strawberry puree could probably be used in CP, but I would think it would turn the soap some sort of tan/brown.

Any chance you may accidently bring a bar of this wonderful soap to the Artisans & Crafters convention in Winchester?

Carrots for beta carotene. Eggs give an almost silky type lather. Buttermilk is high in alpha hydroxys. Not sure what all survives the saponification process, but I LOVE my Buttermilk, Carrot and Egg soap for my face. Makes it feel like a baby's butt.

Do you have a site where you sell this magical soap? I might like to feel like a baby's butt (a clean one anyways! lol)

This is very interesting. I'm looking to do a good facial soap. Do you sub buttermilk for all the water? I assume you add the eggs at light trace--too hot and you'd have cooked eggs, unless you do room temp soaping. How did it end up smelling (you mentioned an ammonia smell at first)?