what is going on at WSP

TeriM

I was just looking at their "Best Price Guarantee." Although it doesn't apply since their prices include shipping I would definitely think that it would apply to pick ups (read price without shipping)! Here's the link to the terms. Hopefully they will honor this. It looks like the buyer has to provide the proof of price info ..... but it looks like if you can get a cheaper price from anywhere else they'll at least match it.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/BestPriceGuarantee.aspx

I've only used them once ... not endorsing or defending them in any way. Just wanted to point this out.

Edited by Judy, USMC

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hoops you're required to jump through to get the price match is not worth it. Which is what I think they were going for. No ones going to bother. Or not many, anyway.

I was just looking at their "Best Price Guarantee." Although it doesn't apply since their prices include shipping I would definitely think that it would apply to pick ups (read price without shipping)! Here's the link to the terms. Hopefully they will honor this. It looks like the buyer has to provide the proof of price info ..... but it looks like if you can get a cheaper price from anywhere else they'll at least match it.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/BestPriceGuarantee.aspx

I've only used them once ... not endorsing or defending them in any way. Just wanted to point this out.

Your exactly right.... I get the SP Wax - they are the only ones that carry it so won't work for me... and if everything doesn't match exactly your screwed.....

The hoops you're required to jump through to get the price match is not worth it. Which is what I think they were going for. No ones going to bother. Or not many, anyway.

Then you have to read this thread again and do a search. It is MORE money for many of to buy from WSP.

No need to be rude. I HAVE read the entire thread. Maybe it's just cheaper for me to go through them because a lot of other places are farther away so the shipping for me is outrageous at most places. I'm not defending them, believe me, I was BEYOND mad when I found out that they no longer offer a pickup discount. Makes no sense for someone to have to pay shipping if they are picking it up but it's still way cheaper for me so I will order from them anyways and have it shipped :tiptoe:

• 2 weeks later...

I call WSP today and asked about formula changes (no longer any glycerin in Shea or Suspension bases). The person I spoke with was unable to address why glycerin was not listed on the Shea or Suspension bases any more and I was told to contact Debbie. Silk Amino Acids, it appears, have been removed from the Shea base for some unknown period of time, hence the name change from "Silk & Shea" to just "Shea Butter" base. However their site says that the name has changed but the formulas have not. The WSP story just gets stranger and stranger.

Don't even get me started about free shipping. I just have to say that all of the changes I have seen come out of this company in the past year have helped me - the small business owner - in absolutely no way. None.

I was also told that the company was losing money before the price changes, and this I gathered was the reason for the changes. One has to wonder, however - is the "free shipping" simply a way to hide a huge price increase or is WSP attempting to make even more money on their already excessive shipping costs? Are they trying to discourage people from coming into the store? I was told today that I can still come in to the showroom when I mentioned that I usually picked up my order. Of course, I live 3 1/2 hours away and the main reason I was making that lovely drive was to save the shipping cost. No point in that drive now, or in sampling their new products, as they offer no samples.

Personally, I believe that when one sees a company making radical changes such as this, and making them so often, that this is a sign that the company is failing and is casting about for some change that will set it right. They certainly appear not to care for the small business owner, as none of the changes they have made benefit me in any way. And if it is indeed true that they removed glycerin from the Shea and Suspension bases, this is just utter desperation.

I find that I cannot do business with them anymore, perhaps with the exception of their fragrances. I simply have lost faith in the company and their ability to provide me and my customers with a quality product, whatever the price may be. As I have been doing business with them for 3 years now, this is truly unfortinuate. And they want the industry to mirror their changes? Really!?!? I think that debbiemay.com and the Handcrafted Soap Guild and all of these other things have made this company believe they are more important than they really are. There is a lot of competition out there.

I leave you with the tagline from debbiemay.com - Dedicated to Helping Small Businesses Succeed.

No need to be rude. I HAVE read the entire thread. Maybe it's just cheaper for me to go through them because a lot of other places are farther away so the shipping for me is outrageous at most places. I'm not defending them, believe me, I was BEYOND mad when I found out that they no longer offer a pickup discount. Makes no sense for someone to have to pay shipping if they are picking it up but it's still way cheaper for me so I will order from them anyways and have it shipped :tiptoe:

I was simply responding to what you had initially written. To be quite frank, it certainly appeared from your comments that you did not read this thread at all. You stated that you "did not understand the problem most people have with their prices". There were plenty of examples and experiences in this thread as to why people were upset with their prices. I responded the way that I did because you came off rude with NOT understanding the many upset posts in this thread.

I stopped buying from them about a year ago due to frustration. They can't keep a consistent product line. I'd buy something, use it & rely on it, go to reorder and *poof* it's just gone - discontinued without notice. This happened three times - on the third time I said NO MORE! Enough.

There are tons of other suppliers out there with great products. I'll support businesses who respect me as a customer. WSP will never get another dime from me.

That "free shipping"? I don't care what supplier you use - your shipping costs are nowhere near 25% of the subtotal! :mad:

Well, alot of their oils are VERY cheap.. but OMG! The price of jojoba for 16oz went up to $26!!!! Before they added the s/h I paid $7.50 for it! WOW That is almost as expensive as emu oil!!! I am seriously shocked at that jump! I love jojoba oil... ugh..

Jojoba has become a rare comodity b/c the crops were ruined. Jojoba is more expensive everywhere.

WSP for me is still the cheapest way to go, with what I order. I just priced some larger quantities of bottles and such, they undersold the competition, and the other company did not have shipping added in. When they didn't include shipping, they couldn't come in lower.

I have never been able to pick up an order, but i understand the frustration. I know some companies do not allow pick ups, I suppose they have to man some kind of counter then?

I am getting along better with them then with Bittercreek right now.

I think companies are trying to go the cheapest route, and everything seems to be slipping. Way different then when I got in to this 9 years ago. Hard to make a top notch product, when the raw materials are so inconsistent.:angry2:

Jojoba has become a rare comodity b/c the crops were ruined. Jojoba is more expensive everywhere.

Ahhh I understand now. And yup, I have been pricing jojoba all over the place and they're all pretty competitive. Go figure! lol Thanks for the info! :)

did you guys get the email - is she trying to put herself out of business.

I get a lot from them as I can pick it up and save on shipping - but now it seems there is a minimum order - you no longer get the 25% off for pick up and the prices are insane.

I really don't want to have to text wax but it looks like I'm headed that way....

Her "natural" soap base ingredients have also changed. Took out the good stuff and added prop glycol....

Ahhh I understand now. And yup, I have been pricing jojoba all over the place and they're all pretty competitive. Go figure! lol Thanks for the info! :)

And, unfortunately there is no real sub for it either. Hopefully new crops will be better soon. I have a stash of 3.5 ounces and it is sacred to me right now. lol

I am glad to see this thread. I had had a few emails from her, and didn't understand what was going on. Consistency is deeply important to me. I don't have time to hunt down products, and find subs and retest and screw around with stuff like that.

And, unfortunately there is no real sub for it either. Hopefully new crops will be better soon. I have a stash of 3.5 ounces and it is sacred to me right now. lol

LOL It's like gold now! Unfortunately, I ADORE jojoba oil! I use it in my conditioner, and dry oil spray, massage oil, and even use it straight. I bit the bullet and bought some. But I've knocked it out of my massage oil. It's just for home (hunny has a bad back) and dont' sell it. I replaced it with emu in the massage oil tho.. eesh! Can't afford BOTH those expensive oils! lol Wish I could grow it on my kitchen counter! lol