Trying something new...

kyme1911

OK guys, I am going to pour this in a minute I will let you know how it turns out...Does anyone else do this here? I ordered Cake Fondant Texture Mats from a cake decorating supplier (3 styles) and cut them to fit my mold. I hope it works, lol. I wipped them with mineral oil, hey if bubble wrap works why not these right? I will let you know how it goes...:smiley2:

Kimberly, I just bought one too. I can't wait to see your pictures. I got the one with the shooting stars. I'm hoping to pour some soap sometime this week. My son Easton has a cold and ear infection. So we will see what his sleeping patterns are going to be like through out this week.

Awe poor baby, I remember those days.

Well I made 4 batches, Celtic Myst (funnel Pour) with the paisley mats, Twilight Woods with the floral mat, Wild MTN Honey with the usual bubble wrap, and Dark Kiss.......OMG that is the most fugly soap I have ever seen, lol I used the swirly mat, but the neon purple turned Bright rusty orange. Annndd weeeeell I thought "I cant have bright orange Dark Kiss.....so I added black oxide....sooooo now it is (excuse my description) Diarrea green. LOL it is the best smelling s#*^t I have ever smelled. That's what I get for thinking.

Maybe my brother will use it....:undecided

the neon purple turned Bright rusty orange. Annndd weeeeell I thought "I cant have bright orange Dark Kiss.....so I added black oxide....sooooo now it is (excuse my description) Diarrea green.

Now how the heck did THAT happen? From purple to orange (color opposites almost), then orange to D* Green? I smell chemistry afoot but don't understand how this happened...:confused:

LOL it is the best smelling s#*^t I have ever smelled

That's what I love about this soapmaking deal - you can still use the stuff!! :laugh2:

I'm sure one of the pros know... what an ugly mess, lol. I used Vanilla Stabilizer, because that FO has Vanilla in it. But seriously I would have been better off with the glowing bright orange. lol

I threw this one in the oven, and will cut it for the heck of it tomorrow. I am only affraid if I give it to my brother he will tell people "My sister made this!" lol

Awe poor baby, I remember those days.

Well I made 4 batches, Celtic Myst (funnel Pour) with the paisley mats, Twilight Woods with the floral mat, Wild MTN Honey with the usual bubble wrap, and Dark Kiss.......OMG that is the most fugly soap I have ever seen, lol I used the swirly mat, but the neon purple turned Bright rusty orange. Annndd weeeeell I thought "I cant have bright orange Dark Kiss.....so I added black oxide....sooooo now it is (excuse my description) Diarrea green. LOL it is the best smelling s#*^t I have ever smelled. That's what I get for thinking.

Maybe my brother will use it....:undecided

Lol :laugh2: your a mess!! You could always just cut it up and use as embeds. So you have your Diarrhea soap, and I have my brain soap. LOL I can't wait to see photos of the other ones though. I have my fingers crossed that they unmold easily and neatly. This was such a good idea. :highfive:

That exact thing happened to me with my witches brew. Turned orange then a weird khaki color. I used grape pop mica....:angry2:

Did you use VS (Vanilla Stabilizer)? The reason I ask is because, I did. I am thinking it bleached out the colorant (not the right terminology) but it seams like that would be a possibility.

I maybe should have waited a few minutes to add the colorant. IDK

I know I panic'd and added the Blk oxide and then really messed it up. You can bet I wont do that again.

But from what I can tell on all the logs so far the impression mats are working. I will cut them tonight when I get home. Then I will post some pic's.:smiley2: