Has anyone tried Ecosoya Adv. for clamshell tarts?

sbs

I have been using left over wax in my clamshells and using them myself in my tart warmer. I didn't know I should to be using a pillar type wax until I read it here. Can someone tell me why Ecosoya Adv is not good to use in tarts? They have been breaking fine and melting fine and I love the scent throw but I do not want to sell or give them away if something will happen that I don't know about..

Thanks! :smiley2:

I have done CB Adv in clamshells without any problems. No blends or additives...just CB Adv. They came out of the clamshell nicely and looked fantastic. Held color really well.

I currently use 415 solo. I have never used a pillar blend or added anything to my soy waxes for my clamshells. Never needed to.

Trudi

Edited by NaturallyTru

I also use the Advanced and make tarts with it. Never added any other wax to it and mine come out great. I've made these in the clamshell packages, the scalloped molds and even the silicone molds for the mini melts. No matter what I put it in it comes out nicely. I think some people add the pillar to harden. If you're using the clamshells packages I've not had any breakage issues but if you're using the other type of molds where you will be packaging them yourself they can break easy if you're not careful with them.

If they come out of the clamshell clean, not leaving a waxy residue, (I personally don't like to see that, it looks unprofessional to me) go for it!

Just wondering how long the scent throws for you?

I'm not sure how long it throws yet.. I have been using them around my house and burning the same ones for almost a week now I believe. Oh but I have been mainly using my 2 oz melts (which I use cb adv for too). Thanks for your help.:smiley2:

Thanks you guys for your help! Ok. So now I understand. Other waxes are used only to make them harder right? I do think they come out of the clamshell molds just fine so I will continue to use it this way and be able to advertise 100% soy. Thanks!

:yay:

I think it depends on the wax that may be used as to why pillar is added. I've read some people add the pillar to the 464 soy wax which is horrible with frosting issues. Adding the pillar wax to that apparently helps with the frosting that's prone to the 464. Others I understand to use it for the hardening. And there may be some that just add it as a personal preference. I've never had a single issue with frosting with the Advanced so there's never been any reason for me to add any other wax. Don't fix what ain't broke ya know.

by itself a pillar wax will be too hard.

For tarts I like mostly container wax with a bit of pillar wax. The amount depends on your container wax. Some have very good results with all container wax and don't need the pillar wax to harden it. You'll find that some warmers won't melt a pillar wax completely.

Just wanted to add this to the thread. Last night I was test pouring some blends with 6 oz tureens. One of the pours I did was straight 646. Figured as long as I was at it, I would pour into a metal tart mold, a 2 oz. portion cup and a clamshell. Tureen turned out perfect (like I assumed it would having tested in other jars). The clamshell was OK, slight bit of roughness on top, but pops out fairly easily. Portion cup looks good, but will not release very easily. And tart mold was very hard to release without putting it in fridge (and that causes frosting). So that is why I always use a percentage of PB in my clamshells and tarts. Just putting this out here for some of the noob clamshell/tart makers. Now must go pour some palm candles.

Cheers,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
I've read some people add the pillar to the 464 soy wax which is horrible with frosting issues. Adding the pillar wax to that apparently helps with the frosting that's prone to the 464.

Hey there girlie! I've never heard this before. You are well aware of my frosting issues with the CBA but I have alot of 464 left over that I only use for my Massage Candles now that I may have to try this with! I always learn something new from you! Thanks! Tami