check out my quilt

Lorrie

This is what I have been up to. My mom decided that I need another hobby.. Yeah I need that like I need a hole in my head.

We believe this is a Queen sized quilt. I don't have the measurements because it's at my mom's. She just took it off the long arm machine.

th_089.jpg

th_090.jpg

th_087.jpg

Oh Lorri, I love it! The colors are so pretty. I don't make quilts, but own several. I inherited several from my husband's grandmother. So...these are OLD. My favorite one is Grandmother's Flower Garden. I've always wanted to quilt, but just never got around to it. You'll have to post your pictures when you get the next one done. Nice job!

Absolutely gorgeous quilt.

We also inherited a quilt from my hubby's grandmother. It was made entirely from hubby's and both of his brother's clothes when they were little. 1940s and 1950s...lol.

I started a quilt in 1999...well lets say I have a lot of the sections/blocks done but not all. My mother...who lived with us...was dying of cancer and spent the best part of the day in bed upstairs. My sewing machine is in the spare bedroom upstairs so I decided I would do sewing to be near in case she needed me. I WAS making some clothes for myself but then decided to make a quilt. Well...when she got really bad I quit and thought I would get back to it after she passed away. It's been 11 years and I still can't bring myself to work on it...brings back the bad memories.

I was so excited too because hubby had just bought me a really good sewing machine for Christmas in 1998 and this was going to be my first real project other than making clothing.

I MUST get back to sewing.

Have fun.

Oh...and I have way too many hobbies/crafts that I love to do. Change is a good thing. I can get bored very easily doing the same thing over and over.

Thank you. It is only the second one I have even made. I am so not a sewer but these seem to be fun to make.

And the nice part is...if it's just not quite right it doesn't matter. When making clothing it has to be right or it doesn't fit or look right. I remember sewing all of the clothes back in 1979 when we took our kids to Disney World. It was winter here and really hot there so I wanted some new summer stuff. I used to NOT try the clothes on till I was done and actually going to wear them. BIG mistake! I made a 3 piece outfit...pants, top and jacket. OMG...the sleeves in the jacket were too long but at least I could roll them up. But the darts in the front were not even...couldn't do anything about that though.

I like sewing stuffed "dolls" and crafty type things more than clothes. But..I did get better at it and forced myself to try on as I'm making them. I also now spend the time ripping something out and sewing it again rather than thinking...oh this won't matter. lol

Edited by Maggie
left out a word

Now if I could just decide on a color scheme for my new bedroom set...guess I know I need to order my quilt and then choose sheets! Can you rock one out in a King size, or is that not possible on the long arm?

Yup. The rust one I made was a king size. That one went on the long arm today. And I am working on a full size blue one..

And the nice part is...if it's just not quite right it doesn't matter. When making clothing it has to be right or it doesn't fit or look right. I remember sewing all of the clothes back in 1979 when we took our kids to Disney World. It was winter here and really hot there so I wanted some new summer stuff. I used to NOT try the clothes on till I was done and actually going to wear them. BIG mistake! I made a 3 piece outfit...pants, top and jacket. OMG...the sleeves in the jacket were too long but at least I could roll them up. But the darts in the front were not even...couldn't do anything about that though.

I like sewing stuffed "dolls" and crafty type things more than clothes. But..I did get better at it and forced myself to try on as I'm making them. I also now spend the time ripping something out and sewing it again rather than thinking...oh this won't matter. lol

I made a bunch of flannel pajama pants for my daughter a few years ago. And I made her some play shorts.

I made a bunch of doll elves about five years ago. They were so cute but when I took them to a craft show NO body even took a look at them.