Hurricanes (one has a problem)

Paulette

over dipping can ruin the picture though with to much wax(ask me how i know) Lin Maybe try a heat gun just enough to make the wax from the hurrican and the whipped adhere better. I havent tried it but have been thinking about this. Lin

thanks everyone. I am going to try dipping it or maybe pouring the wax over it being very careful around the picture. I will let you know Lin if it works.

mhardy1234 --- I made the hurricane in a 4x4 mold, once it was cooled and everything I melted wax and whipped it and used a fork to put it on then sprinkled it with glitter. Love that glitter!!!

Beautiful hurricane Paulette! I don't know if this would work, but what about maybe trying some micro wax with the wax you whip up. Maybe 10% or so. I use micro alot for glueing embeds to the outside of the pillar. Those babies don't go anywhere using micro as my glue. Just a thought...

You can also use a fork and scratch the 'cane wax before you add the whipped, this will give it some "Tooth" so the whipped will stick. Also when you add the first layer of whipped wax have that layer a little thiner so it sticks well. Then while working quickly and the first layer is still warm add more layers.

thanks everyone for the compliments. That means so much to me. i have the problem with the whipped wax solved but have another problem so am trying to solve it now. I am beginning to think it is the wax. I have not changed anything but wax. See me other post.