Guess what...another bad GG Palm batch

Geez! What a headache! I appreciate you letting everyone know about these problems and keeping everyone posted. So far I have been lucky by not getting any of the bad stuff. I am sorry it has been happening to you. I hope things get settled for you soon.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, got my wax from Peak today (lot #0266929). Poured a tester and it appears to be actual GG Palm! The pattern is a bit different than I am used to (almost has a slight starburst palm look to it), but it is GG Palm. So finally have a little wax to get my pouring back on track. Going to call Aztec tomorrow and see if they have the new wax in yet. Still waiting to hear back from C&S about return shipping, so not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling there. Anyway, just thought I would let everyone know what is going on (whether you care or not LOL).

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Those of us who use GG Palm are very interested in how this gets resolved for you. Definitely keep posting, it is very helpful and a good learning experience for those of us who have not been certain which Vendor to turn to for the right wax.

Thank you for keeping us informed!!

Traveler

Steve, I also got 50lbs if the bad lot from Aztec. The latest as of today is the new shipment will be there next week and I was told to contact them again next week for replacement. Hope this helps.

Jeff

nvm, I guess I should have read ALL the replies first......you already have this information.

Edited by CSCandles

Latest update: Aztec does not have the new Palm wax in yet. I sent a bad case back to C&S and they credited back the money plus the shipping and paid for return shipping. So that's a thumbs up for C&S! Don't do alot of business with them (because of the lack of a shipping calculator), but have never had an issue until now, and they did the right thing. Bad news is I am almost out of wax again and will have to pay shipping from Peaks again, LOL. Oh, well, price of doing business I guess.

Cheers,

Steve

Another update: Aztec is replacing the bad wax at no cost to me, thumbs up. They have the new GG Palm from IGI and are sending me that. It is from a new manufacturer, so I am a little leary of the wax. Will let everyone know about the new wax when I get it.

Cheers,

Steve

Thank you so much, Wessex, for working so hard to resolve this situation & for informing & updating us all! I really appreciate it! I'm totally new to candle making, & I was on the verge of ordering 50 lbs of Glass Glow wax before I found this thread. I shudder to think of what a nightmare that would have been for me as a newby. 0_0 But, your excellent thread saved me from certain bad-wax drama. Thanks again! I'll keep reading here so I can be sure & get good quality Glass Glow when it's available.

OK, finally received the new IGI wax from Aztec today. It is Britz Wax (Britz Networks Sdn. Bhd. in Malaysia). It is in small bead form rather than flake form. I poured a tester (unwicked and unscented) to check crystal formation. It appears very similiar to the old stuff. The top does look more like a starburst wax, however. But does not appear to have any sinkholes. So far looking good for a replacement wax. The tester is still cooling, if there are any problems I will let ya'll know. Again, it is an unwicked tester for appearance only. I will make a full tester for burn properties soon. I am a little worried that the burn characteristics will be different because the wax is in bead form. If so, I am out of the palm wax game.

Cheers,

Steve

I just used the new GG Palm from Aztec. It have to admit, the crystalization is perfect, and so far so good on the scent throw, but out of the bag, it stinks like the dickens! While I am pleased with the performance thus far, the smell when you open the bag is far worse than the "crayon" smell of the bad batches of GG. HTH

When I first opened the bag it did have a smell. Now it has a definate "wax" smell, but not unpleasant. They are a RSPO member (for about 5-6 months). My guess is IGI was waiting for them to gain membership to start dealing with them. Or something along those lines.

Cheers,

Steve

OK, just poured some candles with the new wax. I know they burn well with the old wax. They are scheduled to be tested Thursday, so will let everyone know if the new wax burns the same. Probably be sometime beginning or middle of next week. I am using the CSN wicks.

Cheers,

Steve

Okay, so I have personally burned and tested candles from the new Aztec wax, and I must say I love it (and so do my customers)! The terrible smell goes away after the wax is melted, so you don't have to worry about it affecting the fragrance.

I burned Vanilla Bean Noel from just scent, and I always use 2 HTP-105 wicks, and the CT and HT are awesome. I think we have a winner. :yay:

OK, made some test burns with the new wax. During the burn I thought I might have to wick up, but at the end everything caught up. If you put the finished testers side by side with testers from the old wax, there is no difference. It appears the new wax has the same burn characteristics as the old stuff. That is a load off my mind. Oh, and does not appear to have any difference in CT or HT, either.

Cheers,

Steve