I finally did it! Added cut pics to 1st post

SatinDucky

Thanks ya'll!

Go on gals, give it a whirl. It's really not that hard. Getting past the fear of lye was the biggest step for me. Well, then deciding on a recipe you like, which I haven't completely done yet...LOL

KJohnson, it's a homemade mold by my bf. It looks kinda cool, but I'm finding it's a pain in the rump. None of the long sides are attached, but it's held together by a long rubberband right now. I need to find some hinges or something so I can use them separately...lol. It still hasn't gelled. Each batch sat and cooled too long while waiting on the rest. Either I need to have lids made, hinges put on sides, or make all the the same reciped and pour at the same time. Probably all three :laugh2:

WOW you have been busy there girl, all of those sound divine!! They look really good too, GREAT JOB!! :thumbsup:

Isn't there a way you can put a towel at least over the ones that are poured already while waiting on the next batch to be poured? Or like MichelleOh said, a small/medium sized wooden cutting board would do the trick to cover them as you go. :)

Why did you decide on the triple mold? Just curious.

Thanks everyone :)

Why did you decide on the triple mold? Just curious.

It's actually 3 separate molds, but the sides aren't attached. Since I only had one big rubberband, if I wanted to make more than one batch, they had be done at the same time. I'm either going to put hinges on the sides or find more rubberbands...lol. Lids to fit are on the list next. We have lots of small scrap wood in the garage ;)

Very nice Duck! How do you like the square bars? I've got a mold that produces those, and I end up cutting it in half long ways and doing rectangles because I thought squares might be awkward to hold...

They're not really big enough to cut in half. This si the first time I've used these molds and apparently I misjudged the size to make them. They were supposed to be rectangle, but when I poured the raw soap in.... well, it's too wide, so the soap wasn't tall enough :embarasse It's right about 3 1/2" square. Supposed to be 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". I'm planning on slicing about 1" off one side.

They look great. I love that color on the spearmint one. I wonder if it will change as it cures. Every green batch I make I end up with greenish/brown soap.

I don't think it'll change too much, though the groundy rosemary spots will likely turn brown. Most of the color is from chromium green oxide, so maybe that'll hide the brown from the powder turning :undecided