Now I've done it!

SteveinPA

I don't know what I'm getting myself into but I'm going to try making soap lol. This morning I ordered Goat's Milk and Shea Butter M & P base, some molds, and colorants from C & S. I've been making candles for a while and decided to try something new and have been reading the M&P and tutorial section. Seems like fun and I like doing things myself. :D

I don't know what I'm getting myself into but I'm going to try making soap lol. This morning I ordered Goat's Milk and Shea Butter M & P base, some molds, and colorants from C & S. I've been making candles for a while and decided to try something new and have been reading the M&P and tutorial section. Seems like fun and I like doing things myself. :D

Hi, Steve. I'm just starting out with m&p as well. I ordered my first batch of clear from C&S, and just ordered some goat's milk from NG. The labeling on both 2lb. scored bars looks super similar, and both say Made in Canada on the labeling. Would you mind posting your ingredient list (photo would be amazing if possible) because curiosity is killing this cat. Also, I got two 2 lb bars from NG; they differe slightly in color...anyone have any input on that? TIA

Hi, Steve. I'm just starting out with m&p as well. I ordered my first batch of clear from C&S, and just ordered some goat's milk from NG. The labeling on both 2lb. scored bars looks super similar, and both say Made in Canada on the labeling. Would you mind posting your ingredient list (photo would be amazing if possible) because curiosity is killing this cat. Also, I got two 2 lb bars from NG; they differe slightly in color...anyone have any input on that? TIA

Here's a link http://newcart.candlesandsupplies.com/Store/Products/Candles/PID-GMS-2.aspx

hope this helps

Edited by SteveinPA

When you get this mastered Steve, then you need to try CP!

Don't you mean "if" I get it mastered? lol You never know what I'll try next :laugh2:I got my supplies today and I have off work on Thursday so I'll give it a shot. BTW, did you get the wicking I sent you yet?

Wooohoo! I made my first bar and it even looks like soap! :yay:lol. I'm anxious to see if Shea butter helps with my dry skin. Oh no, what have I started? Yeah, that's it- I started making soap for my health. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :smiley2:

Ohhhhh, Steve! You've created a monster. It's only a matter of time before you will be on Ebay looking for silicone soap molds in every shape and size imaginable!! Then you need different fragrances, and don't forget colorants! You are going to have fun but your wallet is not! :laugh2:

Congrats Steve on your virgin bar!:yay::laugh2:

Seriously you will notice a change in your skin in about 2-3 weeks of using the M&P. It should be more moisturized and soft. I think soft skin is so sexy on a man and I'm not afraid to say it!

Yeah, I already noticed a difference. Store bought soap is too harsh. I'll have to order more lol. Now I'll be out shopping and l noticing things to use for molds lol. Yes, I've created a monster! I had a first date with someone last night. I had made some soap and candles for her ahead of time and she thought that was so sweet. I also made dinner. That's funny about you saying soft skin being sexy. She did comment on how my skin felt. We really hit it off and we will be spending more time together. :yay:

Yeah, I already noticed a difference. Store bought soap is too harsh. I'll have to order more lol. Now I'll be out shopping and l noticing things to use for molds lol. Yes, I've created a monster! I had a first date with someone last night. I had made some soap and candles for her ahead of time and she thought that was so sweet. I also made dinner. That's funny about you saying soft skin being sexy. She did comment on how my skin felt. We really hit it off and we will be spending more time together. :yay:

That's a good man Steve. A guy giving me soap/candles on a date would certainly keep me coming back, not to mention cooking me dinner? I can't even remember the last time my husband cooked me a meal lol. Good for you.

That's a good man Steve. A guy giving me soap/candles on a date would certainly keep me coming back, not to mention cooking me dinner? I can't even remember the last time my husband cooked me a meal lol. Good for you.

Yep, she's coming back. :yay: We're going to make some candles and soap on Saturday. She is interested in seeing how they're made. How many people can say that part of their second date was making candles? lol. Pizza and snuggling will follow- her idea, and I have no problem with that! :D

Watch your back Steve. Make sure she's not a spy trying to steal your candlemaking secrets. I'd give her a thorough investigation and body search!:laugh2::laugh2:

It was lots of fun and she enjoyed it. We made a few jar candles and four bars of soap. She had tried making candles with craft store supplies before and that didn't go so good. A thorough investigation and body search has been performed and all is well. :lipsrseal