Postal Increases?

Bernadette

So I start to do my labels this morning on the USPS site, and it looks like some prices have gone up(small flat rate box is now $5.00 instead of 4.95; I think the large flat rate went up too), and it appears they have some additional flat rate options. I hadn't heard anything about this happening. Does anyone know about these new boxes? It says you can't get the rates on these services without having the new boxes.:confused:

Just checked my USPS account and everything looks the same. I did not try to print a label, though. I thought they needed congressional approval to do a rate increase and they were just turned down for a first class stamp increase. Could be wrong.

Cheers,

Steve

Just saw Candybee's post. Did not know they had increased rates. Wonder why it is not showing up on my account?

Edited by Wessex

Yup the flate rate boxes did go up. :( But the regular postage diden't.

Exactly. Regular postage stamp rates did not increase. I talked to the postal worker and they confirmed that but did say the flat rate went up. But even he did not know if all the flat rates went up. I am thinking that probably the flat rate as well as regular priority rates went up but I could be wrong. Haven't checked the USPS site to see yet.

Calculate a package cost...you will also get regional flat rate options:confused:...what the heck is that? Region A has a 15 lb. max, I think, and Region B has a 20 lb. max. At first, I thought it was international rates, but I made sure I click the US shipping option. I'm so confused!:shocked2::confused: It's only a $.05 increase for the small flat rate if you print online...

Edited by Bernadette
addition of SFR cost online

Calculate a package cost...you will also get regional flat rate options:confused:...what the heck is that? Region A has a 15 lb. max, I think, and Region B has a 20 lb. max. At first, I thought it was international rates, but I made sure I click the US shipping option. I'm so confused!:shocked2::confused: It's only a $.05 increase for the small flat rate if you print online...

I noticed a .25cent increase for small flat rate postage paid online. Used to be $4.75 and now it is $5.00.

I went to the post office after Christmas to mail a package and asked the guy working behind the counter about the new regional boxes. He didn't even know what I was talking about, lovely, just what we need, informed employees! I order some of the boxes from the USPS site and should have them soon. I did a click and print today and a 2.4 lb package (in a priority mail box-9.6 x 6.6 x 2.25) cost 9.68 to mail! If I had the regional box it would have only been 7.68, even though the box is bigger than the one I'm using. It really doesn't make much sense!

Regional Rate Boxes are THE best thing since sliced bread! :yay:

I mailed a 12# box that would have be $14.95 by Lg FRB and it was $6 something. Amazing! And I found it by accident, ordered the supplies and BAM saved a ton! This will definitely give everyone something to think about - especially in the "heavy" candle and soap business! Even with the rate increase that already happened and the one coming up in April on first class mail the Post Office is still a better deal. :shocked2: