Lavender soap

soy327

Thank You, xxxtennillexx for the behind the lines tutorial:yay:, I made it this morning. Nothin better than a quiet Christmas morning to make soap.

My Mom and daughter came over and couldn't wait for me to unmold it (they are worse than I am). My bottom layer didn't stick, but I still am happy for my 1st try at a loaf mold.

post-11440-139458475116_thumb.jpg

post-11440-139458475123_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all of you, I think I need to fine tune here, I went to cut the rest of the loaf this morning and now 2 layers aren't sticking:angry2: I made 4 layers waited for them to get a skin on top, spritzed with alcohol then poured another layer. Did I wait to long, I've done layers in molds and this never happened before. This was my 1st loaf, I couldn't find the velveeta mold so I used a deep 10 cup rubbermaid container, maybe I took it out of the mold to soon?:confused: And it was a B****h getting it out. Jeez

Oh finally found the velveeta cheese in the plastic tub thing at walmart on an endcap of an isle, to bad I can't put the cheee in the soap LOL cause I got 3 LOL let see we will have cheese something everynight for dinner.

Edited by soy327

Thanks for the inspiration, and the kind help!:yay:

WooHoo!!! That looks fantastic! :yay: I knew you could do it!!! I've had layers not stick beofore too. I think I waited too long to pour the next layer and got a little stingy w/the alcohol.