Check out our website <_<

EccoLights

Besides still hurting my eyes, major, when my cursor is just running over the links, all the sub categories fly out without having to click the link. That's annoying. Seriously ecco, with all the help you have gotten from people in the know, you are still ending up with some psycho 70's look?

You could have your dark and light but be sophisticated at the same time. This is a design I would expect to see on a site selling black lights or hanging disco dance balls, not candles.

As always Ring, yours and everyone thoughts, views, opinions, feedback, grips and praises have been welcomed and always will be.

I have been working to figure out the timing thing for the popouts (I know its possible and annoying right now) there are still many things that we need to do.

As far as the background, style, layout, design... sure its not your "typical" candle company website... but really... were not your typical candle company either.. we are different, we are out of the norm, and most of all, we are US. In creating the site, that is what we are expressing and I think its going well =) But again, to each their own and we value your feedback and you taking the time to look =) So thanks Ring, we will keep our disco ball running if you ever want to stop back =) (and yeah that's Hendrix playing in the background) LOL :laugh2:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please hire a graphic designer. Please. It makes me so upset when people try to build a website for themselves.. you wouldn't attempt to build your own house, would you?

If you possibly have the extra $$$$ then OK, we will go out and hire one... but until then its all on us =)

Please hire a graphic designer. Please. It makes me so upset when people try to build a website for themselves.. you wouldn't attempt to build your own house, would you?

Why would it make you upset? Last time I checked, people can do lots of things for themselves. And, oh yeah, I helped my Grandfather build his own house. And neither of us are builders. Passed all inspections and is better built then most new houses today.

Steve

Just going to tell we're all not your typical candle place, but you will kick your own butt out of business if you don't make it readable. I won't be looking for something I need a flashlight just to see what's in front of me ... don't make it hard on the shopper. If it gets your rocks off, print it, post it on your wall and do whatever ... then change what's online.

OK and numb the white wording to a cream at least!

You know your background looks like a bra Madonna might wear ... just saying.

Edited by Scented

I think the site is very nice overall.

The new background helps to focus attention on the products and make navigation much easier. Maybe put a "Contact Us" tab on the home page, if that wasn't already mentioned.

Sure, there might be a few things to tweak here and there but IMO you've done a great job.

I think the site is very nice overall.

The new background helps to focus attention on the products and make navigation much easier. Maybe put a "Contact Us" tab on the home page, if that wasn't already mentioned.

Sure, there might be a few things to tweak here and there but IMO you've done a great job.

Thank you so much for your feedback and the contact us is going to be up, had it but there was nothing there so figured for now just hide it till we get the info put in =) The navagation is a part we have been working on mostly and content of course =) Happy Holidays =)

Hi, I have been in web design for about 5 yrs now and would like to give you some honest advice on your site.

The single most important thing you are trying to build with your business is trust! Therefore your customers and clients need to have trust in you to handle their transaction including their credit card information and personal details. Without that trust your site (and your business) will not succeed!

First of all I would lose the Bkg entirely...can it! It distracts the eye and makes the site look amateurish at best! Nothing personal, I like abstract Bkg and darker colors too, but this type of site will not produce the results your looking for!

When it comes to ecommerce...white is right, there are a ton of statistics and studies to prove it. If you need some abstract elements in the design to make it into the style or imagery you need, keep it subtle and keep it to the outer edges of your Bkg. Your shopping pages should always be clear concise and to the point. Everything on this homepage is competing for attention and detracts from the purpose of this website. Remember people are creatures of habit! And you have about 3.5 sec to peek their interest before they go on to another candle shop, and there are many.

If you need some more help just ask!

Hi, I have been in web design for about 5 yrs now and would like to give you some honest advice on your site.

The single most important thing you are trying to build with your business is trust! Therefore your customers and clients need to have trust in you to handle their transaction including their credit card information and personal details. Without that trust your site (and your business) will not succeed!

First of all I would lose the Bkg entirely...can it! It distracts the eye and makes the site look amateurish at best! Nothing personal, I like abstract Bkg and darker colors too, but this type of site will not produce the results your looking for!

When it comes to ecommerce...white is right, there are a ton of statistics and studies to prove it. If you need some abstract elements in the design to make it into the style or imagery you need, keep it subtle and keep it to the outer edges of your Bkg. Your shopping pages should always be clear concise and to the point. Everything on this homepage is competing for attention and detracts from the purpose of this website. Remember people are creatures of habit! And you have about 3.5 sec to peek their interest before they go on to another candle shop, and there are many.

If you need some more help just ask!

Perfect. You said it better than all of us combined. 3.5 seconds is about all I could take but I lingered longer to look it over. If this was any old website I wouldn't even have lasted that long. I see this is your first post so you must be a lurker, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...