Supplier for Clamshells Besides Impact

elmida

I know many people who want a lot of clamshells buy them directly from Impact. My question is has anyone found another supplier? I requested a sample from Impact and I don't like what I received. The clamshell has a light rounded rectangle on the bottom of each cube and the sides, particularly the ones between cubes, do not feel nearly as sturdy as the ones I've been buying from NG and other places. The ones I like have no rounded rectangle on the bottom and if you hold it at an angle to the light, you can see a light X on the bottom of each cube. They feel so much more sturdy than the sample I received from Impact and I've used 100s of them, so I know they work with my wax and FOs without smelling like plastic. Any suggestions?

I've requested samples from three different suppliers and they are all the same. I can't seem to find any others to try through Google. Thanks so much!

Interested in this too if anyone has any info. Hate to say it but Wholesale Supply Plus was the best retail we could find too. $20 for 50 of them wasn't bad but thank god we are local and get them for $15 after the shipping discount thingy that we think is so stupid and a rip off... anyways will keep an eye on this to see any other suppliers too =)

They feel so much more sturdy than the sample I received from Impact and I've used 100s of them, so I know they work with my wax and FOs without smelling like plastic. Any suggestions?

Anyone else have a problem with tarts smelling like plastic? Just wondering how to solve that problem. The tarts are fine when they are out and in the warmer, but when I sniff, I can smell plastic.

Interested in this too if anyone has any info. Hate to say it but Wholesale Supply Plus was the best retail we could find too. $20 for 50 of them wasn't bad but thank god we are local and get them for $15 after the shipping discount thingy that we think is so stupid and a rip off... anyways will keep an eye on this to see any other suppliers too =)

Are the clamshells at WSP from Impact, does anyone know?

Do the ICS clamshells have the rounded rectangular shape on the bottom? What I would love to find is a source like Impact, but for the ones I like--I buy multiple hundreds every time I order, so it would be nice to just get a nice, big supply for a cheaper price.

I know NG has the ones I like. Also Alabaster, but they have been out of stock for few months now.

I have tried the ones from Aztek and they are the same as Alabasters to me, but, the price is a little high. I have tried the ones from Cierra Candles and they are not as sturdy as the others. I used to get these from Alabaster also, but, as always they are "temporarily" out of stock. I also have tried the ones from Millcreek and they are bigger and I had a helluva time getting them closed. So I too would like to find some good ones at a good price.

I've requested samples from Impact, eclamshell and panicplastic and they are all the more flimsy kind. I haven't found any other manufacturers who have these listed as stock clamshells on their websites--and I've even called a few others to check. If anyone has any ideas of manufacturers to check, I'd call and request samples and let you know what the results are.

Well doing some wonderful google searching we did find Crystal Vision Packaging and they carry a ton of clamshells, all different sizes so gave them a call and shot them an email with what we are all looking for to see if they have anything like it and cost =) They were very up front that it will probably be after the holiday so we will keep you guys informed when we hear back =)

I'm not sure if WSP gets their clamshells from Impact or not but wanted to share that I get a plastic smell from them. :-(

It's too bad because I really like the unique shape they offer.

Are you talking about the Crafters Choice ones here: http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?CategoryID=1684&ProductID=3602

If so we had the same issue with these.

Now the small cube ones are what we use mostly and they seem great and match up with Impact's measurments and specs, so I would assume this is where Debbie gets them from. Oh and never got a plastic smell from them either. Like these here: http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?CategoryID=1684&ProductID=6027

Anytime homecomfort =)

And those are the same one's that NG has but geezs... NG has them 10 for $7.50 I think I recall and WSP is 50 for $20 ($15 if your local and pick them up) Can't beat her price on that other then Impact from what we have found so far... but there has to be other suppliers that have or can make these =)

not sure if they are the kind you are looking for, but lonestarcandlesupply.com has clamshell molds.

Yep, those are the exact same ones from WSP ( http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?CategoryID=1684&ProductID=6027 ) they even used the exact same picture. Anyways, FWIW I have ordered clamshells from ICS, Peaks, & the co-op here (impact) and they were all the same.