Candles and B&B should be same or different FOs?

Stephanie

for those who do both b&b and candles: do you find that customers like candles in one scent (or category of scents) and b&b in another type of scent? For example, do you find customers like "clean" candles scents and "fruity" b&b? Or do customers want b&b in the same scents as their candles?

I, personally, offer all of my B&B safe fragrances in my B&B line...the only one that differs is my vanilla...for my candles, I use one that smells like vanilla ice cream to me, and for my B&B I use more of a straight vanilla. But my wholesale accounts love getting "sets" of basically everything I carry in one scent. HTH!

For my lotions and soaps it has been Tommy, Cotton Candy, Rice Flower and Shea and mostly not what people want a candle in.Candles it is the baked ones, fruit(those are good for BB) and now the holiday.I see they want some scents for bath and body and other for candles.

This year baked candles sold good.Last year people would say they made them hungry or would make people THINK they were baking.

If I make BB ahead it will be florals, designer or some fruit.Only if I get a special order would I make bakery/food ones.I have heard teens like the chocolate etc for lip balms.I just don't have teens shopping at craft shows I do.

LynnS

Right now I carry 8 different scents in my Bath & Body Line (over 200 in my candles). I offer gift sets of Hand & Body Lotion, Shower Gel, Body Mist & a container candle all in the same scent. My customers like the matching gift sets with a matching candle. That way thay can light the candle and relax in the bath.

It is good to have a few matching scents, so that if someone likes a particular candle flavor, you can try to sell them the matching lotion as well.

For gift sets I don't use matching scents, as I want the user to try as many scents as possible. Besides, if it's used as a gift, and it so happens they don't like that scent, then they aren't going to like any of the items in the set.