Pumpkin Pie like Pure Integrity

megandgarr

I have tried so many pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice, pumpkin blend of this & that fo's (as many of you have as well) and have not been able to come close to finding the scent of the pumpkin pie candle that Pure Integrity sells. It smells delicious. It is not too sweet or spicy and you can smell the maple & pie crust in the scent. It is rich, creamy & buttery. I have tried blending so many variations with pumpkin but just can not get the scent right. If I could just find an fo that smells like theirs I wouldnt ever need to try another pumpkin pie scent. Has anyone smelled the PI's version and come across an oil similar to it?

• 4 years later...

I've often wondered how their candles are....their site is beautiful and the reveiws are wonderful....I've finally come up with an awesome blend myself that I could say is your definition of Pure Integrities.  Over time I have tried so many combinations of members of the board and myself and what others say is the perfect combination doesn't always come across as what your looking for.  Just goes to show how we all interpret one great fragrance!

Trappeur

When I read your description it reminded me of Peak's Cornucopia. Its a combo of fruits like apples and pears with nuts and maple. It screams fall to me and is one of my favorite scents of all time. When I smell it I smell pumpkin too. As much as I love this scent I can't give candles away in it. Plus, I have found that it smells the best in paraffin rather than soy or palm. Awwww... but it is so wonderful!

Don't know that it is anything like what you are looking for but as I mentioned when you described the scent you were looking for I thought immediately of the Cornucopia from Peaks.

• Like 1

It has been a long time since I have bought any candles from them. It is hard now to pay $20+ for a candle when I can make one for a lot less. They used to burn pretty hot so trimming the wicks before and sometimes during a burn was necessary. Super strong though. I am tempted to buy their Pumpkin Pie again just to see if it as awesome as I remember it. It was heavy on the maple, once my BIL thought we were having pancakes when I was burning it (like 8 years ago). I've tried blending maple syrup with several pumpkin FOs and it just isn't close.

I just went to their website- I have heard of them before but what I can't believe is they say 100% soy and they color them- in the jars they look like paraffin, soy colored I have never seen that deep and rich without frosting.....and I have been working and buying soy for years! Granted I haven't played with color a lot but I never came close to them looking like that

I may have to order a pumpkin because I still haven't been found one I like either

Have you tried Rediglo dye chips?Its what I used to use with soy and parasoy. You can get some awesome rich deep colors with it. Even with soy. There are some that frost but usually a very small amount and only with maybe 1 or 2. When it came to coloring soy I found them to be the best colorants if you want little to no frosting.

• Like 1

Hello Angel,

I like yours better! :)

The grey one of theirs looks like it has black soot on it too.....that would be true to form for that happening with a hot hot candle like where you said you had to do trimming....

Trappeur

I wish I had some of my old photos of my soy candles using the Rediglo dye chips I could post. I lost the photos when my computer was hacked with a ransomware attack.

The chips really made a difference Moonshine. I also used to use Lonestar's liquid candle dyes but when I tried the Rediglo dye chips I quit using the liquid. The chips are wonderful in soy and parasoy wax. I still use them in my palm. With palm wax only a 1/4 chip for a lb gives incredibly rich vibrant color.

Edited by Candybee

Hello Angel,

I like yours better! :)

The grey one of theirs looks like it has black soot on it too.....that would be true to form for that happening with a hot hot candle like where you said you had to do trimming....

Trappeur

Awww, thank you! The brown ones in the back are only half a chip, BTW. I'm wanting pastel colors and some of the chips are too dark! (Red and brown I use half.) Ha ha.

Yep, they can soot after a power burn if you don't trim and you can see where the frost line is how deep the melt pool got. The wicks don't curl and can mushroom so I'm thinking they are cotton, but I haven't tried a ton of brands of wicks to know for sure. They have some wonderful scents and are very strong so I still like them, just haven't purchased in a while after going down the rabbit hole of making my own. ;)