Hello

I have been lurking on here for awhile and have learned quite a lot in the process :) I am new to the craft and just ordered a soy starter kit from Canwax a few days ago. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I am very excited to get started and to get to know everyone here!

Teresa

Welcome. I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I have. Please disregard my goofy posts.

Soy, thanks for suggesting the 12 step program. When I took up candle making as a hobby, I said to myself, "Self, this is a cheap hobby, for a hundred bucks, I can have fun."

Well, $2k later, I'm still having fun but it ain't cheap. It is, however, much less expensive than mountainbiking, road biking, golf, flying, and being owned by a cat. And, if I were to divide hours of fun into the dollars, I do think the candle making takes the prize. So yeah, its a cheap hobby.

Edited by EricofAZ

Welcome. I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I have. Please disregard my goofy posts.

Soy, thanks for suggesting the 12 step program. When I took up candle making as a hobby, I said to myself, "Self, this is a cheap hobby, for a hundred bucks, I can have fun."

Well, $2k later, I'm still having fun but it ain't cheap. It is, however, much less expensive than mountainbiking, road biking, golf, flying, and being owned by a cat. And, if I were to divide hours of fun into the dollars, I do think the candle making takes the prize. So yeah, its a cheap hobby.

Only $2k :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

welcome from one newbie to another

soy-I though that the 12 step program was for people who had a problem with addiction, I enjoy every minute of it lol :D

I do too, addiction, no problem:laugh2:Welcome to you too!!:yay:

Edited by soy327

Thank you all for the warm welcomes :) I just got my kit tonight and am soooo excited to get my hands in there! But I am uber sick right now and think I best wait until my focus and concentration gets back to normal :( I am no stranger to the world of hobbies and crafts so I am well aware of how easily these things can turn into addictions...lol...and money pits ;) But I do plan on enjoying myself and having fun with it!