Jelly jar price?

I wonder if I'm paying too much for my jelly jars. I have to get them from Food City, since Wal-Mart stops stocking them during winter. :mad: I'm paying $6 per dozen of 4 oz. jelly jars ($6.58 with tax). Is that expensive? I believe the 8 oz. size is $8 per dozen.

The thing I like is that they are quilted, so you can't see wet spots & they come with labels so you can write the scent on them

The best thing to do is research various suppliers near you and see if their prices (with shipping added in) are cheaper or at least comparable. You can call to get shipping quotes and usually you get a huge UPS discount for buying more than 200 pounds of stuff. So if you can get your wax and jars with a shipping discount, then you may be able to save money. Do a little research and crunch some numbers. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank CANDLEMAN to refer this site to me. I ordered the jars from them (Bittercreek) and these jars are sooo much better than the local stores! even my friends and family agree. I ordered the square masons and apothecarys, for a great price! I think they ended up like 1.00/1.50 each. I just got them in yesterday (only took a few days!) and I'm about to go play with them :D

Thanks again!!!!!!!

I also agree with CandleMan.When I first started I was getting my jars at BIG LOTS.They were $4.99(12).Now they are up to almost $6 in just over a year.They are as high as the other stores.With just getting started I had no idea about the one piece lids.So after making candles a few months I hated the 2 piece.I had no idea where to get the one piece till finding them on BC site.I was happy.Finally got one piece lids.So it is cheaper to get it all at once than to get jars local and lids at BC.

LynnS