My first show display

safetysue

Well I took the plunge and did a little craft show today. The only bad thing that happened was it rained about hour into the show and for the rest of the day. I want to share my booth pictures with all of you who contributed to it. I made the table cloths out of Velvet Panne Thanks to this forum. Somebody posted about how you can't wrinkle this material and they were right. Toss em' in the garbage bag until next time. Both Jo-Ann's and Hancock carry this fabric but I felt Jo-Ann's was of better quality. DH made some simple table leg extensions out of PVC pipe to elevate the table.

DH also made the wood shelves, and I put the clamshells on spinner racks. I went to pick up my banner and they spelled the name wrong so no banner for this show. I purchased the 6 foot tables that fold in half so I can handle them alone but they may be about two feet short in the long run. Almost forgot - DH made my tent weights too.

One thing that surprised me - I purchased bags from Uline - paper shopping bags in two sizes. Now I only had 5 sales due to the rain but every customer was elated to when they saw their product going into a simple shopping bag and two of them commented about using a real shopping bag. I guess they're used to plastic.

Thanks to this forum and its generous members I had lots of help putting this booth together. It probably resembles some of yours. LOL

Please share any suggestion you may have for spiffing up my booth.

post-11507-139458472997_thumb.jpg

post-11507-139458473004_thumb.jpg

post-11507-139458473008_thumb.jpg

Edited by safetysue
Tent weights

It looks great Sue! I agree about the bags.. customers love that special touch. I had an etsy seller carve me a custom stamp that has my website and shop name and I stamp each bag with that as well, it only takes me 30 or so min to do 200 bags and its a nice touch, keeps them remembering me if they re-use the bag!

WTG on your first show and display!

Thanks - Luminious? I checked out stamping the bag but my bags are called purple but it's closer to eggplant. I would need light ink and haven't had a chance to find that yet. Actually I read that on another thread on this board and you probably posted it. I steal every idea I can from here. It's so bad that when I'm too busy at my real job and can't get the updates I feel like I'm missing out.

Edited by safetysue

Very eye appealing. I would certainly check out your stand if I was walking by. You did a great job.. I LOVE that little shopping cart on you table. It's so cute. What do you put in it?

Your weights - Paint them to look like a pillar. Paint them black with white paint dripping off the top to look like a burning candle. You can always make a little flame to put on top of it. Then it looks like candle pillars sitting at the entrance of you tent. :cheesy2:

Yep -

I did that to mine and I get so many comments on the big pillars around my tent.. People don't even realize they are weights!! santa cool

I threw gold glitter on it while the paint was wet -

Now when the sun hits my pillars/weights they sparkle.. Great eye catcher.

Edited by islandgirl

These are 6' tables and they take about 8 yards each. I think I could cut the gathering some but once I made the first one I wanted them all to match so there was no cutting at that point.

Not a cheap tablecloth by any means but I really like the finished look. If you decide to go this route wait until the fabric is not on sale and use a 40% off coupon. Jo-Ann's ships free to the store. They only carry one bolt of each color at the store so it's a special order. They told me 3 weeks for delivery but it was at the store in 10 days.

They are simple to make. I cut the section for the tabletop, measured the length I needed to reach the floor and used my rotary cutter and mat from my quilting days to cut the skirt panels. I gathered each panel before attaching it to the next panel. Once I had enough to go around the table I attached them to the table top. That part was a PITA. I left one set of panels open on the backside so I could easily get to my stash under the table. No need to hem these as the material does not ravel. Cutting them with the rotary cutter left a clean cut straight bottom. HTH

Islandgirl - the little shopping cart has what I call Scent Singles. The sign says "Shopping for a new scent?' They are 2 oz portion cups that I started to use whatever tart wax I have leftover when I fill the clamshells. I don't even worry about them being evenly filled. I just make sure there's at least an ounce in each one and charge $1.00/ or 6/$5.

Someone recently posted to use leftover container wax for tea lights. Uses what would be waste into a finished product....or hopefully cash. Furthermore it gives me that super low price point for the person who hasn't tried my products to try them. They are quite popular in a booth that I have at a local craft & antique mall. I have 3 shopping carts at that location.

There's picture somewhere on here I just can't find it right now.

Edited by safetysue

Your display looks fantastic! In regards to the stamp for a dark colored paper bag...you can get white craft ink pads, check into scrapbooking and cardmaking supplies. I have one that I purchased from Stampin Up. But you could also try Creative Memories or Making Memories.