A little dissapointed with my candlewarmers.com order :(

RetroMetroChic

I ordered the illumination warmers in the black, green and white

on the site they looked small and matte colored. But in person they look huge and are super shiny colors. I already sold some with the company photos that look matte and small. Also the green is not a sage green it is actually a lime green in person. Thankfully no one ordered the green i'm returning those for sure.

Do you think that customers will be upset that they are shiny and not matte

I'm so upset atm..

However I will say the JackOLatern Warmer is huge and looks super awesome with the light on very happy with it.

I'm also happy with the plug ins in rustic, and white, the white is shinier than on the site but it looks good anyway.

The Expresso Embossed well that looks black on the site but its actually dark brown and very fat and large these things hold alot of wax. Maybe customers will like that I'm not sure. But I personally am so dissapointed the photo's made everything look slimmer than they are and Matte when they are shiny :(

I feel like I might should offer people their money back as the website photos are so deceiving, I feel like I deceived someone thats a terrible feeling.

Am I just overreacting? Obviously the company is selling these on there site also with these photos that look matte when in reality they are high gloss finish.

Has anyone else ordered these and been shocked at how they really look?

Also to note for others considering ordering the tart skillets are adorable, I love them.

They messed up and gave me mulberry plug ins instead of the green but I think that may be a good thing as that pretty sage green to me is actually a puke lime green color.

Hope I help someone else by posting this

Edited by RetroMetroChic

I have the same warmers and I don't think they are shiny but more muted finish. Personally I like the finish because if wax gets on the warmer it would be easier to clean than if they were a matte/dull finish. The sage I had wasn't lime green so it sounds like yours slipped through quality control.

I love the large size of the warmers and plug ins and have sold bunches of them.

Well now that I have looked at the green one longer i'm not hating it so much

its growing on me, its just not the dark sage green color it looked to be.

But its nice anyway.

I hope your right and the customers love them,

I'm most dissapointed mainly in the expresso and white embossed they look nothing like the photos. I offered the customers a refund on these if they were unhappy as I'm so afraid since they look so different in person.

But overall I love the ceramic warmers and the plug ins are beautiful

as well as the Jack O Latern (to die for)

so all is not so bad.

Hopefully I'm completely over reacting

Edited by RetroMetroChic

I'm a little confused about the selling thing. Did you sell before you had product in hand, so you didn't get a chance to see them first? You must be very frustrated.

The web site has the dimensions under the "specs" tab, which might help, although of course those are total dimensions and not bowl capacity.

I'm looking at the site now and the green doesn't look sage-ish, but a bit more on the yellow side and not very dark - unfortunately monitors are not really consistent so what you see isn't always what you get. :(

Would you mind describing what the espresso and white embossed DO look like?

I just ordered a bunch from them that should be here anytime now. Thankfully, I didn't order the green, or espresso. I have seen both of these in person at a craft show, and the green ones looked like they are pictured on the site, and they were all definitely matte finish, and not shiny. I would be very upset if they were shiny as well. The ones I saw were a very pretty light sage green. I agree that it sounds like these slipped through quality control. :(

I'm glad I saw the ones I did at the show, because I probably would have ordered the espresso & white emboss based on the website photos, but I really did not like them at all in person. I thought they looked cheap. I also got to see the red snowflake, and it had the same shiny, made in China look. I don't blame you for being disappointed. Had I not had the opportunity to see them in person, I would be in the same boat as you. Knowing what I know, I ordered a case of combo warmers, and 2 cases of illumination warmers in black, white, ivory & rustic emboss, and the Jack O'Lantern (soooo glad to here it's cute) If my black & white burners are shiny, I will definitely be disappointed because it just looks cheap to me. I have others from them with the matte finish, and the wax comes out with no problems, so I don't think that's an issue.

The good news is, I have been ordering from CW for a long time, and have always found them to have excellent customer service. I'm sure if you call them and voice your concerns, they will make it right. Hope you get it worked out with your customers. :)

I wouldn't be too upset with them. After all, most sites that show items with colors say that monitors vary, so the color you see may not be the true color of what you're looking at. I'm with CareBear, too. The green didn't look sage at all on my comp, but more of a yellow based green. And espresso is a kind of coffee so I'd expect the color to be brown. *shrug* Maybe you should let your customers be the judge. Instead of hitting them with the negative, "These are so not what I was expecting, here's your money back", let them see 'em first and if someone expresses displeasure, offer a refund. They might not think they're so awful.

I just received the co-op order in and was surprised too at the size of them. But to me that was a good thing! Before I was trying to decide if I could get double what I paid for them; but seeing them in person...I am sure I can no problem...might even try a smidge higher.

I do not think they look cheap at all. These warmers, imo, are gorgeous and I can't wait to show them to customers!

I can take pics of some of the others from the co-op...just let me know which ones and If I have it, I'll post a pic.

Trudi

post-11085-139458472992_thumb.jpg

Tru, after seeing your pic, I'm a little less nervous. They are definitely not the same as the matte finish ones I have seen from them, but the glossy finish on the solid colors looks okay to me. I honestly still prefer the matte, but if a customer hadn't seen both finishes, they would probably never think twice about it. That being said, the glossy on the espresso and snowflake warmers was just not pretty to me, and I also didn't like that they were so much smaller than the square warmers. I love the huge size and agree that it makes them seem worth more. I'm thinking I will price the squares at $18-20. :)

Wow so they used to be Matte :( they are not now sort of a satiny finish just depends on the light. But yes I think the Expresso Embossed and White Emobssed look cheap to me I really hate them and loved the photo of them :( I only informed the one customer who ordered the expresso embossed because it truly looks nothing like the photo.

I'm hoping those who ordered the square ones will be good with it being shiny I mean they are still nice

I used the green one that has grown on me last night and Wow it heat up fast and scent was all over the room. They work really well.

The Expresso embossed doesn't have a gold ring though that was just light in the photo. They do have a grape design on the front that is not pictured well in the photo.

So hard to go by photos I guess

But I do feel duped because I expected a matte finish and loved them because they had that finish it appeared.

I will call them now and see what is going on with them not being matt then.

As I really hoped they would be Matte for a really modern look.

Yes the Jack-O Latern is really awesome and large!

Well I kept one of the green ones for myself so I'm looking at it thinking Dang if only it was more matte, so I had a eureka moment.

I have some clear Matte Kylon Spray, so I layed it down covered the bowl and sprayed it and WoW now its Matte and beautiful :yay:

Now I'm wondering if I should spray them all, just not sure if the krylon spray could cause issues, I turned mine on after it dried didn't take long to dry and its burning a tart just fine no funny smell but now it looks like I expected it to look.

Anyone think using Matte Kylon Spray could cause issues with these?

I'm thinking to myself the embossed warmers I ordered would look so much better in matte, then I wouldn't have to return them.

Well I kept one of the green ones for myself so I'm looking at it thinking Dang if only it was more matte, so I had a eureka moment.

I have some clear Matte Kylon Spray, so I layed it down covered the bowl and sprayed it and WoW now its Matte and beautiful :yay:

Now I'm wondering if I should spray them all, just not sure if the krylon spray could cause issues, I turned mine on after it dried didn't take long to dry and its burning a tart just fine no funny smell but now it looks like I expected it to look.

Anyone think using Matte Kylon Spray could cause issues with these?

I'm thinking to myself the embossed warmers I ordered would look so much better in matte, then I wouldn't have to return them.

I would leave them alone and show to your customers without your thoughts. I have sold more things that I would never have bought if I seen first but everyone is different. Same with smells..

I have bought these warmers and thought they were very pretty. I too thought the red was a bright true red and not a burgundy, didn't like it or the green. But my peeve is the bulbs, I don't like the high price tag or the fact that they can't but these bulbs from just anywhere else. Over $8. for a light bulb is just too much money for anyone to pay. JMHO

I would leave them alone and show to your customers without your thoughts. I have sold more things that I would never have bought if I seen first but everyone is different. Same with smells..

I strongly agree! Put them out as is for a couple of sales ... change the description as needed. If they don't sell then you could modify them. Recommend you give the one you have already sprayed a thorough testing before you do the others.

I've been testing the one I sprayed out and it seems to be doing wonderful no problems at all its still beautiful and Matte. I'm still reluctant to do the rest so I changed the descriptions letting customers know these are not like the photo's. I can't decide what to do but the Matte one I sprayed looks awesome :)