Dumb question about filling clamshells with wax

RWV

OK, I've never done these before, but I noticed that where the top of the cavity stops is not the top of the clamshell. Does that make sense? So, do you all pour just over the clamshell cavity as it spills into the next cavity or do you pour over that to the top of the plastic?

Also, I noticed that when I pour just above the cavity (and not to the top), each clamshell only holds about 2 ounces of wax. Does that sound about right? Thanks everybody!

Thanks everybody! I had poured them originally just above the cavities and had some wax left over, so just re-heated it and poured almost to the top--total weight/clamshell is about 2.8 - 3 oz. Thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later...

totaaly new world here with the clamshell that I am trying to read about, some of the molds look like they have a lid that folds over to cover it, is this true and if you pour to top can you get lid to cover, also are these one time use molds, you pour in them and then sell or give away while they are in the plastic mold or do you re package?

• 2 months later...