Help I have fragrances that no one likes

soapsud

I have two fragrances, I brought them because I liked them

One is a powdery rose and the other is a rose wood,

does any one have suggestions on a fragrance I could add to both of these to change them.

I tested them on a few people and they do not like them.

The powdery rose one every one said it smelt like a fragrance a grand mother would like and the second the rose wood is too acrid ( I liked this alot like the smell of pruned rose bushes)

I have paid a lot for the fragrance and can not return them, any suggestions on what I could put into them to give them more wider appeal My thoughts were to buy another fragrance and add it to my two fragrances something like an antique rose which is deeper in scent, or a Rosehip fragrance, or should I kill most of fragrance with something really strong I am sure we have all brought some fragrance that has not worked for us .

I feel really upset I thought I had got it right

Well No. 1 ... did they smell the fragrances OOB? Because that's a poor way to judge a fragrance. It really needs to be in an application to have a chance to come alive. Then decide if it sucks.

No. 2 -- what fragrances do you have that we can help you play with to find something for you to try?

I agree with the other two...but I recently combined a Honeysuckle fo & and Rose fo and it came out fantastic. Really toned down the powdery smell of my rose fo. But, I did determine the Rose was not to my liking alone after putting it into a product. You really can't judge OOB.

Try a good apple FO (I use Mac Apple) and blend 50/50 with the rose. It's been a great candle and CP soap seller all year round since I started blending it a couple years ago. :cool2:

Never thought of adding Mac and Rose. Sounds interesting. Do you mind sharing what you call it? And what does it smell like? I use Rose and Mac from CS. Wonder if those 2 would work?

Well, I love rose (a nice real rose- not an old fart rose.) I think that you should add a fruit scent to it. I have done this with great results. Hit that rose with strawberry or raspberry and see what happens.

Edited by Noodle

Try a good apple FO (I use Mac Apple) and blend 50/50 with the rose. It's been a great candle and CP soap seller all year round since I started blending it a couple years ago. :cool2:

Apple rose blend was a great seller for me too. I also like to blend my rose with clove.

Never thought of adding Mac and Rose. Sounds interesting. Do you mind sharing what you call it? And what does it smell like? I use Rose and Mac from CS. Wonder if those 2 would work?

I'm not very original with my scent names I just call it Apple Rose LOL!!

I use CS's Mac Apple, but SC's True Rose.