Herbs on top of candles

One time I bought a candle that had rosemary leaves and other herbs on top of the candle (see example below). I am tempted to try this with my soy container candles. Has anyone else tried this? Any bad experiences with the herbs catching fire or otherwise affecting the burn?

[ATTACH]3402[/ATTACH]

post-1892-139458387672_thumb.jpg

I've seen that before and while I think it looks cool, I personally would never do it for fear it could catch fire. Sometimes I am just boggled by what is put on and in candles that can be a fire hazard. JMO. :)

Yeah, I'm a little leery myself. The herbs did not catch fire in the candle I bought, but they weren't piled up around the wick like in the example photo. That to me looks too risky. santa eek

Wax can catch fire too. It's the flash point - the temp at which wax can ignite. ;) Good thing is that soy has a very high FP. However, I think its just best to leave stuff out of your wax other than what is necessary (i.e., the wick, fo, color and additives). Better safe than sorry IMO. HTH :)

Many years ago my oldest daughter bought store brand pillars and put on dried flowers and over dipped them in wax and a couple she rolled in a favorite potpourri of my sisters. She told everyone that they were just for looks and smell to NOT burn them. Naturally my silly sister burned them and had fire bombs!!! The herbs may look cool but I wouldn't chance it.