Sugar Scrub Soap?

Candycane196

looks like it is two layers... one layer is just a shea M&P soap and top layer sugar cube soap with added jojoba beads colored green...Just guessing .

I would guess the top layer is a recipe with more soap that oil so it will adhere to the bottom layer. Or maybe it is just soap with sugar and jojoba beads

I don't think it's the sugar scrub cube recipe on top because that would disintegrate really quick in the shower. But sugar mixed into melt and pour soap base will settle to the bottom of the mold, which in this case is the top of the bar. The top scrub portion is poured, then the white portion poured next.

I make a foot scrub soap with pumice, salt and cornmeal mixed into melt and pour. It settles out and the top of the bar is very "scrubby" for rough feet.

Edited by Faerywren

She's got some really cute soaps. Love her motto: life's too messy not to use happy soaps. Did you see these?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/51954481/lemon-water-ice-soap-new

The topping looks like a sugar cube scrub recipe, but the materials sections looks like a simple M&P ingredient list with sugar added at the end. I wonder if she just loaded the base with sugar, lots and lots of it, to get that consistency? Then was able to scoop it out like ice cream? I imagine it would melt quite a bit faster than the clear base below. Regardless, very creative. Love her candy apple soaps, too. I can see getting lots of inspiration from her store!

Howdy everyone,

Thanks for the comments. I tried a sugar scrub cube recipe and it seemed to oily......I wonder if it isn't just M&P with sugar added and maybe a little bit of extra oil to call it a sugar scrub...that will be my next try. Yes, I saw those little ice cream cups....very cute but just wonder how the customer would use it.

Candy :cheesy2:

• 2 years later...
Wow after looking at that site I want to get me a case of soap and start playing.

Fun stuff!

I think it is sugar that has settled to the bottom of the mold also. That is what oatmeal does when I make oatmeal soap.

Yes, when the soap isn;t cool enough, all the additives sit on the bottom.