Aroma Haven's scent sale

i have the bonfire bliss in my oil burner right now and it is WONDERFUL!!!!!

similar, but not the same as my total favorite Aztec driftwood. this is a bit sweeter, vanilla??, but still great!

for some other oob sniffs:

Incense-love!!! very similar to JS sin city (which is much more $$$)

butternut pumpkin-smells great & pumpkiny with some walnut/hazlenut background

falling leaves-rich and sort a earthy, i love it

corn husk-sort a fresh, but dry n a little sweet too

prada-smelled alot like the angel dupes at first, but i dabbed some on and in a few mins. smelled better and totally different from angel! like it!

ALL the pumpkins are wonderful! can really smell the cheesecake in the p. cheesecake.

also imo-pumpkin brulee smells alot like CS p. souffle

patchouli & the patch blend smell good too!

(had to try them)

can't sniff no more today!!!!

hth-kris

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I goofed. I've never ordered from Aroma Haven. I was looking for a place to enter the code for the sale price and didn't see it. I thought it would be on the last page but, then I realized my order was placed without it. I do NOT want 20 samples if I can't get the sale price. I sent them an email asking them to cancel the order if I can't get the sale price. Do you think there will be a problem?

:( I was hoping my order would get here today so that I could sniff and order more before the sale ends tomorrow. I was kind of surprised that I won't get it until Friday since I placed my order on Saturday just minutes after the sale started! lol

Oh well, guess it is for the best. I don't have any more room for FO! :laugh2:

countyline,

regarding bonefire bliss-i do not smell a smokey campfire. it is sorta dry woods, not pine though. the sweet is propably the marshmallow. i really think it smells wonderful!! hope you enjoy it too, even if it isn't smokey. am ordering more!! (imagine that!)

kris

Mine came yesterday...

I have to say that the ones I'm loving the most (that I haven't smelled before) OOB are the Corn Husk, Rubios, Country Christmas & Cranberry Cinnamon & Welcome Home. The new Apple & Pumpkin Strudel is wonderful, as is the Apple Butter & Caramel, but very similar to what I already have. The Frosted Winter Berry smells very bakery, I was suprised. I have alot of pouring to do when I get some time...as does everyone else! Funny, I got a blister too on my finger from opening all the bottles one after the other, just noticed it now as I was typing. All part of the sickness.:rolleyes2

Do AHs usually do well in soy? And are you soy guys using 1 1/2 oz FO per lb wax, like is pretty common with soy?

So far of the ones I'm testing

amish spice loaf -will have to up it to 1.5oz--btw, this one is a wicker upper in gb415.

rocky mountain memories- 1oz is plenty

pickin pumpkins- will have to up to 1.5oz

spiced cranapple ginger - 1oz. is enough

eucalyptus thyme -1oz. is enough

vanilla wafers- 1.5oz

homespun sugar-1.5oz

Really everyone of the fo's is different. I start testing at 1oz, if not strong enough then go to 1.5oz. pp.

They do pretty good in my 70/30 soy blend but I use on average about a 6.6% load. I'll make two 8 oz candles by using 15oz of wax with the 1oz tester. It seems like relly complex fragrances need longer cure time to get a better ct/ht IMHO. Mine are waiting for me when I get home.

Steve

Edited by chuck_35550

Received mine today, and what a mess. One of the caps was not on tight and leaked, and the zip lock bags had tears in them and were not sealed either. So they leaked on all 32 bottles, have a few labels that are off. They box was not dented, smashed or anything.

Called them, but their voice mail said they are open Mon-Thurs. So will try them either tomorrow or Monday.

But the good thing is they all smell GREAT!

They do pretty good in my 70/30 soy blend but I use on average about a 6.6% load. I'll make two 8 oz candles by using 15oz of wax with the 1oz tester. It seems like relly complex fragrances need longer cure time to get a better ct/ht IMHO. Mine are waiting for me when I get home.

Wouldn't 6.25% be more accurate? Don't you divide the FO amount by the total weight? 1 oz FO / (15 oz wax + 1 oz FO) = 1/16 = 6.25%?

Haha! This really made me laugh. I can so relate! The first time they ever had a sampler sale a few years ago, I ordered 75! lol

This time, I only ordered 25. Some of the ones they had listed as "New" in the e-mail were not listed as "New" in the fragrance list, so I didn't order them. A few of them were from last year. I had to narrow it down cuz I didn't want to spend as much. That was my reasoning. Besides, I don't have room for any more samples!!

This was my first order with Aroma Haven. Where do you look up your account to see your order and what the charge is? How do you know what they will charge your credit card if you can't see everything? This is the first time I've seen anything like that. Thanks for your help!

This was my first order with Aroma Haven. Where do you look up your account to see your order and what the charge is? How do you know what they will charge your credit card if you can't see everything? This is the first time I've seen anything like that. Thanks for your help!

I got my order yesterday with the printed invoice, but the totals were marked out and adjusted in red ink for the sale, so I knew how much was charged to my credit card. HTH