New to forum

...and relatively new to candlemaking (8 months) but I like it and it compliments my handcrafted jewelry business. I see a lot of knowledge in this forum and hopefully I can contribute some in time. Looking forward to participating.

Judy & Crew from Rockford

Welcome Judy!

What kind of candles do you make?

Thanks for the welcome folks.

Candybee -

for now just pure soy candles - jars, tins, tarts.

We have some in a location in Galesburg, IL and they seem to be selling well. A website is almost ready to go live and right now we're putting some emphasis on fundraisers since the school year is coming up soon.

Sounds like you are a busy gal! I wish you success with your candle biz. Always good to see someone staring out do well.

I started out with parafin. Then went to soy, then parasoy. Now I am doing palm and love it. For now just containers and occasionally a few tarts.

Hi! I am new to the forum too. I have been making candles off and on for a number of years now, but am starting a new business. I still have LOTS to learn and look forward to sharing and learning with others whether for hobby or business. If anyone has any advice, it is always graciously accepted!

Looking forward to meeting everyone...well getting to know many of you online. :)

Jackie

Edited by Sara

Welcome aboard Judee, you will learn lots on this forum. I saw your website it is really nice and your candles look great, the only thing I would say is just be careful about all the claims of soy being a wonder candle, when you read here you find that most of those claims are just not true. :smiley2:

Welcome aboard Jaxx. :smiley2:

Just wanted to add that you might not want to call your candles "all natural" if you are using fragrance oil in your candles. There is nothing natural about FO's! Sorry not trying to pick just inform.

Edited by lsbennis