CS plastic bottles leaking during shipping?

Anyone else having problems with CS's new plastic bottles? My glass ones always arrived just fine, no breaks, no spills... but my recent order just got here and four out of six of the 16oz bottles are missing at least 2oz and the box was soaked with FO (one weighs in at 14.75oz in the bottle with the lid on). The worst was an 8oz bottle of honeysuckle jasmine I'm about to start testing, it weighs only 5.5oz. They have seals on the top, but they dont appear to do anything.

Some of the bottles arrived just fine.. its weird. I know it has a long way to travel but I cant afford to lose 2oz out of each 16oz bottle, I use all 16oz when I am testing a new fragrance.

I've emailed them (and attached pictures of the leaking and stained box/bottles) so we'll see what they say... I'm not looking for a refund because I love their oils, but it makes me hesitate to order again, you know? Its frustrating.

Yes I am having the same problem and need to contact them myself. When I have ordered samples in the past almost every order had a sample bottle that leaked.

I received an order last week and one of my 16 oz bottles leaked. I could smell it from the box so I figured as much. Probably only lost an ounce but it's frustrating. I think I have only had One order out of about 10 NOT leak.

This is realli no good news, I'm just waiting that CS will start international shipping (they said they will) to order from them and I was happy they switched to plastic!! So lighter than glass, my last order came through a friend and almost all the glass bottles broke...

I hope they will start to seal the bottles!

I ordered not too long ago and none of mine leaked! thank goodness. We( all of us candlemakers) spend too much money on them to be able to afford that! I would send them all back and have them re ship new ones at their expense if that many are leaking. Thats crazy! but then you hate to have to hassle w/ all that too!!! GRRRR thats aggravating. Please let us know what ya find out, just for future references. I always have $100+ orders from them and if I am going to spend that, I want stuff to be right!

I will let you all know what they say.. if it was just leaking but the bottles weighed what they should, I wouldnt be concerned but 2oz (or more) is too much, all my orders are 100-200+ too, most often above $500.. so yeah, they've made lots of money off me :) I love CS and love CS oils so I'm hoping its just something they are working on.

One of the bottles that didnt leak, sweet pea, had a different type of seal on it than the others and a different lid.. white tea and berries didnt leak either but had the same seal as the others... I'm just wondering why some did and some didnt.

OMG! I had the same problem recently when they just changed the bottles. I had an order with some of the old bottles along with some of the new plastic ones. Specifically the Coconut Lime was in the plastic bottle and leaked all over the box. Never happened before so I let it go. But I wasn't happy about it.

Just a note. Since I had that leaky oil problem I have since ordered more oils and the newest ones all come in the plastic bottles with the tops sealed. Haven't had any more problems so I think they started sealing them to take care of the problem. Hope so!

I bet they missed checking some of the new bottles to make sure they have all been sealed. They really need to double check every bottle to make sure.

Edited by Candybee

WOW that was fast, Diane already got back to me-

Hello Kristin,

I'm very sorry to hear that those fragrances leaked on your order. We've been working to replace the seals that we originally used because we found they don't always hold up to the pressure caused by high temperatures during shipping. We hope to have that solved right away.

I'll be happy to replace the missing fragrance. (listed the amounts shes sending in replacement, so cool)

I'll have those shipped to you tomorrow. You'll receive a copy of the replacement order and tracking information. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while I get these replaced for you.

Thank you,

Diane M.

Customer Service Manager

so sounds like they know, and are working on it... which I am totally satisfied with! I'm happy they got right back to me too, I'm 2 hours behind them so you never know. Very cool. :yay:

I had the same problem two weeks ago with an order I received. The one 16 oz FO bottle I had ordered came wrapped in a HUGE clear plastic bag, it had been twisted and wrapped around the bottle and then taped like crazy. After I FINALLY got it open, surprise surprise it had leaked! The bottle only weighed 16.01 oz, I have no idea how much the bottle itself weighs but little bottles weigh 2-3 oz. empty. So at least that much had leaked out. I didn't contact them but now it sounds like I should, I don't necessarily need the FO replaced, but they should know that yet another bottle leaked.

Does anyone else here live at altitude? It's getting to the point that almost every FO order I'm getting has some leakage. I'm wondering if altitude is a factor making the bottles contents explode out slightly. If I go from the Denver area to a ski area (3-4000 feet higher) all of my liquid cosmetics erupt out of their containers (mostly tubes) when I open them. I'm thinking the altitude is the culprit in my case. :(

Edited by mzpickles

A good company who cares, will want to know these things so they can fix them. Let them know! Feedback is the only way a company can fix issues.

yep they answered right away and shes sending replacement oils, they were great and responded very quick (I think its on the first page) I posted it this afternoon. CS is always great to work with so thats what I thought the response would be. They rock :) They said they are working on the problem of leaking

I'm so happy to see this was satisfactorily resolved. I haven't ordered from CS since they changed to plastic bottles, but I was very impressed with their old glass bottles--the way they were packaged, and the customer service. I definitely plan to order from them again, so I'm sorry about the problems but glad they're working on resolving them.

I emailed them to let them know about the leakage problem I experienced and they are sending me a couple of ounces as a replacement. I told them I really just wanted to tell them so they can fix the problem. However they do have great customer service!

That's great to know, I've had problems with every company I've ordered from so far...I'm beginning to think that I'm jinxed! UGH!:rolleyes2 That's definitely how customer service needs to be.

I have had a few issues too with companies but as long as they make things right I am happy.

CS is good about customer service. KY is really good too. Had an issue, they sent me the wrong item by mistake and repalced it and I have the replacement 3 days later.

Had another issue with another company about a week ago. I ordred 2-16 oz bottles of something-they sent me one. They circled the multiple quantities on the other items but not this so I know they missed it. When I called about it they told me that they ran out which is why they didn't include it. Really you send one but not the other with no mention on my order.

They said they sold out over the memorial day weekend. I ordered the Monday before Memorial day. I believe they are out now but not then. They did refund my money but I wanted them to just ship it to me when it was in stock because now I have to order that again and pay a lot for shipping. Ugh.

Edited by aviator girl