Help enable me

candlemama

I'm becoming an FO ho. I want to order more FOs but am overwhelmed with the number of suppliers and choices out there. I've only tried a few oils from CS, Peaks, WSP, and ME candle supply. I want to try another supplier for FOs that can be used in CP soap, B&B, and candles (paraffin). Who should I place my next order with?!?

I admit I'm a vanilla lover (except French -- bleh) and am after a nice Tahitian vanilla. Also want to try sandalwood and patch because I'm not quite sure what they smell like! I've been on a tropical fruit kick lately (summertime!), love bakery scents, lust after anything Asian (used to live in Japan), and would like to get a couple FOs for the men in my life (just to be nice)...

Any one-stop shops you suggest for a great variety? Who is your go-to supplier for FOs?

You have picked some good ones in Peak's and CS. I also like Brambleberry. They have some unique scents. Vanilla Select is the favorite of my vanilla lovers. Their Energy and Karma are very good also, as are many of their fragrances. I also like AH and Lonestar. I like too many. If you like cinnamon, try Celtic Spice from AH. It is great.

It would be hard for me to suggest one place as I like too many. I only do candles right now but would love to play with soap and lotion some more. So not sure if I could tell you who has the best body safe oils as well.

I have heard BCN has a nice sandlewood vanilla if you haven't tried that.

I am not a huge patch lover but I really like patchoulli honey from elements.

Brambleberry has nice oils but I have read they are better for b&b. I do like and use their relaxing(think this is good for guys too) and energy in candles though. Their OMH smells good OOB but I haven't actually tested that one.

I have been getting a lot of stuff from AH/RE lately and have been liking them. I agree with celtic moonspice and their amish quilt is nice too. I like their angel food cake and badedas (more of a clean scent). I just got a sample of their vanilla crunch and it smells good oob but haven't had a chance to pour it,

Not much help since i like too manuy suppliers.

Since we're spending your money ... :D

I would start at Moonworks and add several there. The selection isn't as big as some places, oh but the scents are wonderful!! Good for using in all types of applications too. The scents are not going to be dupes that you're going to find elsewhere. They are quite refreshing and surprising combos.

Then I would move on to oh say Southern Garden where you'll find a larger selections of FOs. Some are good in all applications. some aren't, but this is the home of things like Sandalwood Rose, Goddess, Peach Lotus Blossom (think it is), Vervaine Olive Leaf, Mata Hari, a very good Dragon's Blood etc. (and some stuff for the men in you're life lol.)

Then I would move on to Southern Soapers. There are a lot of combinations and descriptions and men's stuff here too ... of which I would strongly suggest Acorns and Black Oak ... but this is just me :D I've only found a few of the fragrances that haven't come out in soap very well for me, but this is probably more of a soap, lotion, b&b kinda stop. You'll have to check how something performs in your candles.

From there, I'd go visit AH/RE ... because there's a wide variety there and plenty to pick from and you'll have an ultra long list with a lot to play with and much that I don't think you'll be disappointed in. I can't help you with the vanilla stuff. If you're craving Vanilla, then there's Day-Star. She's a vanilla freak.

I really don't think you should miss a trip to Tennessee Candle Supply or to Oregon Trails or to Kentucky Candle Wax Supply or Wildfire Creations (think it is), or Indiana Candle Supply ...

If you aren't broke after all those places, come back for more suggestions lol.

Some of my favorite suppliers are ...

www.kycandlewaxsupply.com (mainly for food scents)

www.bluegrasscandlesupply.com (they carry an awesome patch and other scents as well)

www.backwoodsfragrancesupply.com (for cp, bb, and candles too)

www.elementsbathandbody.com (excellent fragrance oils; very unique scents)

www.wildfire-creations.com (top shelf fragrance oils)

I'll second Patchouli Honey from Elements. Its fabulous in candles and soap and everyone loves it.

Southern Soapers has a great men's collection in oils.

Filmore Containers has a wonderful Japanese Cherry Blossom thats great in soap and candles and their Cedar Garland is a blend of sandalwood and cedar that everyone loves especially men.

I also love Backwoods Black Irish for men and mix it with Elements Bay Rum and both men and women like this one.

Backwoods also has some great tropical fruit scents; Maui Wowie, Tropical Fusion, and Tropicali Tango.

I also love BW's Honey Gingerbread, Pumpkin Cornbread, and they added Pumpkin Cappachino which has gotton some great raves.

I second Daystar for vanilla FOs.. she's got TONS! My fav, so far is Rebel Yell.

Another great vanilla I just got is Very Vanilla from Candle Science. Yum!

I also really like Nature's Garden, they have tons of variety, ship fast, reasonable cost, and it seems like most of their oils are for candles, soap & bb.

Have fun! I've gotten to the point where I have more FOs than I know what to do with! LOL I love it!

Wow, great suggestions! Now I'm more overwhelmed than I was to begin with...haha.

Based on Scented's advice and great reviews, I just placed an order with Moonworks. Here's what I got:

Celestial Sea

Fairy Garden

Harvest Moon

Patchouli Raspberry

Can't wait to get them. I'm excited because their descriptions seem different and more complex than other FOs. Shipping is reasonable -- only $6.00. I'll let you know what I think!

I just soaped Raspberry Patchouli I just love the scent :yay:

I also got Moonworks Lime Patchouli but haven't soaped it yet.

If you have any more money left may I suggest Scentworks

Full Moon, Herbal Citrus Sorbet, Provence, Satsuma Guava, Tonic and Clean for Men.

Another favorite of mine Sweetcakes Lime Margarita.

Barb

Edited by Barbara AL

Based on Scented's advice and great reviews, I just placed an order with Moonworks. Here's what I got:

Celestial Sea

Fairy Garden

Harvest Moon

Patchouli Raspberry

Can't wait to get them. I'm excited because their descriptions seem different and more complex than other FOs. Shipping is reasonable -- only $6.00. I'll let you know what I think!

Oooh I feel some pressure here, BUT ... I think you will like her scents.

I can tell you that you should enjoy all four of those picks. The Fairy Garden is going to be a bit more grape OOB so be prepared for that.

Patchouli raspberry is earthy with a sweet/tart note to it (and it will give you a good intro to patch I suppose lol) ... you should look to add her patch to her test list on the next go. Just sayin' ... :whistle:

Celestial Sea is going to be clean with a slight fresh saltiness to it, perhaps a spritz of a lemon note to it.

Harvest Moon -- that one I can't say much about. I thought I had it, but turns out it was scarlet moon lol.

I just soaped Raspberry Patchouli I just love the scent :yay:

I also got Moonworks Lime Patchouli but haven't soaped it yet.

If you have any more money left may I suggest Scentworks

Full Moon, Herbal Citrus Sorbet, Provence, Satsuma Guava, Tonic and Clean for Men.

Another favorite of mine Sweetcakes Lime Margarita.

Barb

You can only suggest it if you add Sanguigno Orange and Patchouli LOL!

I think instead of enabling YOU..I am being enabled. I haven't tried some of these suppliers even though they are on my list!

I also agree with KY Candle. I have quite a few of their oils as well and like a lot of what they offer. Probably better for candles though than b&b so might not fit your requirement.

Elements carries FOH oils and the Tahitian Vanilla Spice is really awesome. There are also a number of bakery scents that are quite good...French Crumb Cake, Apple Cobbler Delight, and Raisin Bread Buttercream, to name a few. Actually, Elements has FO from a couple of suppliers (Flickers and FOH) with tons of great scents. Under the Flickers line, there are several fruity ones...Bartlett & Basil, Cranberry Fig, Cantaloupe Lily, Pomegranate Peach, and Sea Island Grapefruit. So...if you haven't ordered from them yet, you may find some of your bakery and fruity ones all in one stop.

On the other hand, Day-Star is a must. She is the queen of yummy bakery scents. Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies is delectable! You will definitely go broke with a wish list there! :)

I used to think that a really good fragrance was one that burned your nose hairs. A lot of customers only want strong in your face fragrance oils and as a result are not impressed with more complex oils. I thought that several recent tests were disappointing but realized that after a period of time the fragrances were background performers with very subtle and various notes. That being said, the more complex the formula the more expense as a result.