another FO ?: Pine/Christmas Tree

Aileene

I have been on the search for a good...no, a great Christmas/pine tree scent. Everything I've come across is a little too much like cleaner or a 'bathroom' fragrance, as my DH calls it.

We tried a couple of different ones about 4 years ago when I first ventured into all this on a large scale. I believe we tried one from peak, one from millcreek and another one that I can't remember off the top of my head and while I think the Peak one came close, after it had cured (in soy, an ecosoya cb I think) it had become that 'bathroom' pine.

By bathroom pine, I mean that scent that isn't quite a cleaner scent, but that you use in those store bought air fresheners, if that makes sense.

So (please) give me your tried and true Pine/Christmas tree scents. I'll take a 'mixed' scent at this point as long as the Pine tree is prevalent.

When this scent is done the way we're looking for its my DH's favorite so that's why I am hunting for pine in May lol.

--Aileene

My fav Christmas Tree scent is the one from Fillmore Containers.

My fav year round pine FO is Christmas Pines from Flickers. Its now at Elements and has been renamed Rocky Mountain Pine. I use it year round in soap and candles. Customers love it. Not a cleanser type smelling pine at all. Its a very soft and pretty pine scent blended with balsam, fir, and some floral notes. I sell a ton of soap in this scent.

On my last order from Candlescience, for my free FO sample I picked "Christmas Tree". Haven't put it in wax yet but OOB I really like it. I know what you mean about "bathroom" pine, and I hate those. This one smells real. But like I said I haven't put it in wax yet so I have no idea how it will cure.

As for blends, have you tried Peak's Cinnamon & Balsam? Pine isn't the dominant note, but neither is the cinnamon - they blend together really nicely. It's in no way a straight pine but just a suggestion in case you're ever looking for something a little different. My customers adore it and I can barely keep it in stock from October through January :)

I use Mistletoe from Candlescience...works great in my parasoy tarts (I don't do candles so can't comment on HT but CT is great in tarts). I also agree that the fo from Elements is terrific...Rocky Mtns.

I absolutely adore Mistletoe from CS! Its my fav xmas scent but reminds me more of a xmas wreath than the tree because of the eucalyptus oil in it. Its super strong so you should use half strength. Definitely a keeper!

Thanks all, these give me a good place to start testing them :)

I've been wanting to place an order with candlescience so this gives me a good excuse (as if I need one lol)

I'll have to try that Cinnamon & Balsam, it sounds like it could be interesting.

--Aileene

The absolute best pine scent is the Fragrance Oil Heaven (now available at Elements) Rocky Mountain Christmas...make sure you get the actual FOH scent listed under FOH scents, for the one I am talking about, this one is NOT the former flickers scent...Best seller! Everyone loves it. HTH