Don't know what to think of these

:cheesy2:I wasn't thinking of Shrek when I saw it, if you KWIM

I hope that I am just missing something different here. I have been watching a lot of Shrek since that is my son's current favorite movie... so I am noticing a bunch of stuff in the background and thought of the candle he maked in the beginning of the movie.:smiley2: Not what he made it of, but the shape.

Hahaha thanks for the replies! I take no offense on them at all. It wasnt my intention for it to look johnson like but i guess thats the abstract part of it. I guess it looked like a stalacmite but you are all welcome to think otherwise : )

This was the first i made of this kind i have another that looks less johnsey!

Yes it is blacklight reflective. The thing about it is that theres no core candle and its not a mold either. I wan't to see how far this technique can go or what can acomplished.

I'll post pics of the other one later when at home and that your thoughts don't run so wild!

Dan

Hahaha thanks for the replies! I take no offense on them at all. It wasnt my intention for it to look johnson like but i guess thats the abstract part of it. I guess it looked like a stalacmite but you are all welcome to think otherwise : )

This was the first i made of this kind i have another that looks less johnsey!

Yes it is blacklight reflective. The thing about it is that theres no core candle and its not a mold either. I wan't to see how far this technique can go or what can acomplished.

I'll post pics of the other one later when at home and that your thoughts don't run so wild!

Dan

Oh my ha ha ha my friends and family don't like them either..I guess I won't waste my time anymore. Case closed no more crazy candles!

Dan

That's too bad! I love them, but unfortunately I think I'm the only one who doesn't see body parts. They just look cool to me. How did you make them? How do they glow in the blacklight? (My room is painted with blacklight colors, so something like these would be awesome!)

DelphicScorpion,

I used pigments in neon colors to color them. It can't be used in high quantities if you intend to burn them because it clogs the wick. So you have to test what works for you. Usually you can use a higher gauge wick for a smaller diameter to get a proper burn. But the key is to test test test with the pigment and wick.

My intention was to create something similar to a water candle but more controlled and that it could burn.

What I did was put a wick pin on a clean surface (no mold or anything) and used that to start building the candle.

Your prepare your wax normally. If you want to further test this method use different additives for different handling characteristics I haven't tested that far.

Now you let your wax cool. Whip it and let it become a slurry. When it gets hard enough start building a base on top of the wick pin base as wide as you intend your candle to be at the base. I use one of those things to spread frosting on cakes.

Keep whipping the wax from time to time so it softens the wax on top and keep working higher. Before you keep adding you base wax should cool enough to withstand the weight of the wax that's gonna go on top of it. What you are doing is basically is building layers. The coldest wax you have you can scrape on your wick pin so you can start sicking a more thicker layer around it.

If your wax cools on whatever container you use to whip it ( not to hard but still malleable) mix it whit more hot wax and whip it again so the cooler wax melts and the hotter actually cools faster.

It is a somewhat complicated process even though it looks hideous...I guess I have no artistic ability to come up with something more creative for the process at least right now.

If that doesn't still explain it just shoot a question here and I'll try to elaborate. I hope that if you try it you get something better than I did. But Whatever you get send me a pic I would still like to see it.

Dan

Edited by Miadrianel Candles