De-Shadow Box Candle Photos

Your candles are beautiful and you have such a nice variety. I bought a shadow box awhile back but still haven't used it. Your pics have inspired me to get out there and use it. Thanks for sharing

Nancy

Thanks for the compliments. I hafta say that making a wide variety of candle types is a lot of fun, but sure makes the hobby more expensive. I imagine some people get one wax, one type of wick, one or two kinds of jar, and are happy with that. Still, for all the joy of making them, and then having all these pretty candles to burn around the house, I can't complain ;)

I am really happy with how this shadow box worked out, and for $40 (free shipping), if it helps me sell a couple of candles online or to local stores, it'll have paid for itself. The pics look so much better than anything else I've been able to shoot indoors. The porch shots I put on my new website are nice too, but a lot more trouble to set up. Might be just as easy to photoshop in a background. I'll have to see if any of the automated selection functions work well enough, now that there's such a clear difference between candle and background. Even if it does have a pasted-in look, I don't think that would necessarily detract from showing off the candle.

Mail order from Adorama. Never seen anything at my local wal mart like it or probably would have bought one sooner.

The picture of it links to the product page.

I might visit Joann's today to look for a black background. I think I'd prefer that to blue.

Problem here is that to make a photo gallery webpage, but how to deal with the different widths of all the photos. A pure white or black bg would help.

I know what you mean...the blue and gray are nice, but I wanted a black and white background too. When I couldn't find one, I took the blue and gray one to my next door neighbor who sews alot, to look at. I asked her if she could make me one...and she did! For the cost of material only! Works great!:yay:

Edited by Bernadette