Really... really...RED

Starr

I'm getting quite frustrated. I want my Dragon's Blood soap to be RED. REALLY RED! I'm lucky to get pink. I thought I'd try some new colorants. I bought 2 new ones from TKB. Their Relay Race red and a powder/mica one (don't recall the name of it off the top of my head) and even when mixing them I couldn't get RED. Any suggestions?

Wish I could help but I've yet to come across a good red either. If I get dark it's more of a burgundy. I switched my Dragon's Blood to green and black because when I was complaining I couldn't get a good blood red my son said "duh mom, everyone knows a dragons blood is green anyways"...LOL!

Put ketchup on top :P

I'd like to know what Dragon's blood you've got that won't brown first lol.

Then I'll tell you that the absolute closest I got to red was Tomato red using Select Shades, but I'm going to tell you I had to really up the dose to get it and then my soap started going brown lol.

Then I'll tell you that I've been in pursuit of really red for a long time. Egads could this be the fifth year already? I have come close, but now I have to think about what soap it was on that I mixed not only Lake 40, but brick read and I think it was red blue oxide with TKB's neon red. I just kept throwing stuff that was supposed to be some kind of red into the cup and then mix. Since I wasn't sure it would come out red anyway, I didn't exactly keep notes, but it was too much "hmm wonder what this does?" for me.

I'm not even convinced that the two places that I last stocked up on liquid red actually produced red. I think I felt I was having to use too much liquid to get remotely close, but I have some pretty pinkish man soap now ... yet again lol.

Actually... I'm looking for a new supplier of Dragon's Blood. I just ordered a sample of C&S's new one.

I got a pinkish Dragon's Blood at the moment, a deep pink, but not so deep it could be mistaken for red.

I'd like to know what Dragon's blood you've got that won't brown first lol.

The Dragon's Blood I got from ICS doesn't brown. Take a peek at it on my website, it's always stayed true to the color and I only use green oxide. Downside, she discontinued it due to lack of interest but I'm working on her to order me some (I buy 5-6 lbs at a time since it's such a huge seller for me). If you're interested I can let you know when I get more. It's the all time best Dragons Blood I've ever used! If anyone needs a sniffie pm me and I'll send one out.

Edited by IndulgentCreations

I just made a bar with red oxide, it came out pretty red. More of a darker red, but stayed pretty true. I used Vetyver as the fragrance oil.

HPIM1541.JPG

It wasn't what I was going for, but the milk in the recipe sped things up just a bit. I ended up just plopping it in the mold because it was like thick pudding! But it really isn't all that bad.

I use the cinnamon red from BB for an orangy/reddish hue, if I want a blood red I tend to blend the cinnamon and brick reds together.

oct1228.JPG

The best dragons blood that I've tried is the one from Southern Soapers, I'm using one currently from NG that I don't like as much, so I'll be switching back.