Good Vanilla FO?

Jane42

We now carry Vanilla Bake from Cajun, but recently we have been getting requests for a good, true vanilla without the buttery tones - just plain vanilla.

I have to send orders to Just Scents, Candlescience, Peaks, Cajun, Nature's Garden and Candles and Supplies this weekend (yeah, isn't it ridiculous -and we tried so hard to narrow down our suppliers!! lol)

Any recommendations for a good vanilla from any of them?

Thanks!

Jane

We now carry Vanilla Bake from Cajun, but recently we have been getting requests for a good, true vanilla without the buttery tones - just plain vanilla.

I have to send orders to Just Scents, Candlescience, Peaks, Cajun, Nature's Garden and Candles and Supplies this weekend (yeah, isn't it ridiculous -and we tried so hard to narrow down our suppliers!! lol)

Any recommendations for a good vanilla from any of them?

IIrc Candle Science's Very Vanilla is a best seller for them, I have a sample that smells wonderful oob but I haven't put it in wax yet. :grin2:

KY southern vanilla

KY toasted marshmallow~ I call it cream soda and it sells like crazy.

KY sugar cookie, weird oob but rocks in her soy tart wax.

Candlesoylutions Vanilla great vanilla and awesome mixer. Kind of reminds me of DS ultimate vanilla or candle cacoon's vanilla.

Just by nature Vanilla Cream, good plain vanilla, no butter tones.

Millcreek Extream Vanilla similar to Candlesoylutions DS and CC.

and Candlewic French Vanilla~ it's a true French vanilla if that is the direction you were headed in.

And just throwing it out there but Peak's sugar cookie is one of the best vanillas I have found.

I didn't care for many of JS vanillas but I don't do bath and body. I know a gal that loves her vanillas for B&B only so I wouldn't rule them out.

About a year back I want to say I got the CS vanilla and it smelled floral to me. They must have fixed the issue but from what I have read it is very similar to DS,CC,Candlesoylutions, Milcreek etc. It all must come from enchanted lights?

Edited by funkymonkey66
add

I am test burning cs's very vanilla in palm and it smells great. I have also used Peak's french vanilla and liked it a lot, too. I wanted to compare the two to see which one I liked better, unfortunately, I like them both. Now I need to decide which one.....

Thanks for the replies!

We are planning on using it with paraffin (4630 and 4794) and if we really like it, m&p soap.

We had tried a few different vanilla's from JS, but weren't too thrilled. Of course, we weren't looking for a plain vanilla at that time either, so we may have to revisit those.

Just tried Very Vanilla from CS today in a whipped shea butter. Smells wonderful, and the name of the FO says it all. My whipped shea butter looks and smells like vanilla frosting, so I kept wanting to lick the spoon today as I was making it! Haven't tried it in candles yet but looking forward to it.

I have tried French Vanilla from Peak and have to say I didn't care for it. But to be fair, I just don't like many french vanillas. It was strong and had good CT/HT in my 4630.

Very Vanilla seems to be more of a true vanilla to me.

Thanks, Everyone!! I really appreciate your input!!

I THINK when I ordered from CandleScience, I ordered the "Vanilla" instead of the "Very Vanilla"...:rolleyes2 I will test it, but off to check out the other vanilla"s that were recommended.

Thanks again!

Jane

Edited by Jane42

In my opinion Nature's Garden Supplies has the best vanilla FO, it's called Vanilla Bean. I have tried many.

Izabela

www.soy-breeze.com

I still have the Nature's Garden order to do, so I will definitely get a sample of the Vanilla Bean.

I did receive a sample of the regular vanilla from Candle Science, but my two bottles of Lavender Vanilla leaked all over the sample, so I am having a hard time checking the oob. I will put it in some wax and see how it does.

Thank you!!!!