Renaming NG's Autumn Magic

number2of7

I absolutely love this fragrance, but don't really feel that the name is appropriate...it doesn't smell fall-ish to me at all. IMO it's a fragrance that could be used year-round (and I want to).

I normally don't have a problem renaming fragrances, but I've been stuck on this one for months! I guess I can't come up with a name because I can't pinpoint exactly what it smells like. Normally, scents fit into some type of category like floral, fruity, spicy, etc so I'm able to come up with words that fit those categories......this one is simply unique and doesn't really fit into any one specific category.

This is the description: top notes of lemon and apple; followed by middle notes of anise, cinnamon, and ginger; sitting on well-rounded base notes of woods, musk, and vanilla

I'm hoping CandyBee pops her head in here.....I've seen her mad renaming skills :)

Would love to hear your name suggestions....

Thank you!

If it doesn't smell like fall to you, then what does it smell like? Listing the individual notes doesn't really tell us how they are all together.

That's the problem I'm having.....I can't really figure out WHAT it smells like! I was hoping some of you use the oil or have sniffed it and could help out....

Does it smell of spice, fruit, floral? Or more musk, earth with spice? Or sweet, vanilla, then fruit and spice? Does it remind you of anything? Such as playing outdoors as a child, or sitting in the sun, or walking in the woods, or doing the laundry, or baking in your kitchen? If you can say off the top of your head what it reminds you of I can throw out some names for ya!:smiley2:

Edited by Candybee

I guess off the top of my head, I think of a kitchen spice, but not like the one from BBW at all. The lemon/apple top notes take away from it being a true "spicy" scent. I don't really smell the vanilla or musk, but I'm sure they help to balance it somehow.

It's definitely not foody and not fruity. It leans more to the slightly citrus/earthy.....

Uggghhh, most things smell like something....this one drives me nuts!! :rolleyes2

Just went and sniffed it OOB again.....I can definitely smell the "spice" scents first, followed by that lemon/apple thing going on.....

Edited by number2of7

It has a warm powdery smell to me.

Grama's Quilt

Quilted Memories

Farmhouse

Quilting Bee

Daydreaming

Grama's Trunk

Welcome

Vintage Lace

I think I like Vintage Lace the best. HTH

Edited by so-soy
add something

It has a warm powdery smell to me.

Powder? Really?? I don't smell that.....

This is why scent is so subjective....everyone smells something different, which can sometimes make for unhappy customers :(

I will remember your suggestions for other scents though....I like some of them alot ;)

Edited by number2of7

Country Morning

Sunrise Spice

Morning Dew

Lemon Spice Glace

Farmers Market

Citrus Sunrise

Woodland Fairies

Fairy Dust

Lemon Sparkle

Lemon Glazed Apples

Morning Mist

Irish Fleece

Dream Pillow

Calico Chintz

French Batik

Cabana Breeze

Butterfly Wings

Kittens Breath

Yellow Taxi

Mellow Yellow

Citrus & Spice

Citrus Apple Spice

It might help if you have a feeling for what you want it to be. I don't know whether this helps you or not. I need some inspiration:laugh2:

Country Morning

Sunrise Spice

Morning Dew

Lemon Spice Glace

Farmers Market

Citrus Sunrise

Woodland Fairies

Fairy Dust

Lemon Sparkle

Lemon Glazed Apples

Morning Mist

Irish Fleece

Dream Pillow

Calico Chintz

French Batik

Cabana Breeze

Butterfly Wings

Kittens Breath

Yellow Taxi

Mellow Yellow

Citrus & Spice

Citrus Apple Spice

It might help if you have a feeling for what you want it to be. I don't know whether this helps you or not. I need some inspiration:laugh2:

You're on the right track with Sunrise Spice, Citrus Sunrise, and Citrus & Spice. Think I'm favoring Citrus Sunrise at the moment....I'm certainly open to more suggestions along this line! Thanks so much!!!! Where were you when I was naming my kid??? :laugh2:

I actually don't smell citrus OR spice at all with this one - I smell woods more than anything, and some musk. I call it "Autumn Sunset", but since you said it doesn't feel autumn-y to you, maybe call it just "Sunset" or something like that?

Edited by ckelley116

I think I may send out some sample tarts to some of my "regulars" and ask them what they smell. Sometimes, when you see a description of something, your mind tells you 'what' to smell.

Once I get some feedback, I'll make a determination then....

I appreciate everyone's help!

I have never smelled this so I am only going on your description.

I like a lot of what others have suggested.

This is wht popped into my head when you described it were:

Homecoming

Citrus Spice

Spicy Citrus

Warm welcome

I really am not the best for name suggestions!

• 1 month later...

I know I am a little late to this but thought I would give my 2 cents.

I love this scent, I was burning it yesterday in fact. But only one other person that I have let smell this actually likes it. But anyways, I have been calling it Autumn Spice. This is what it smells like to me. Very woodsy to me with lots of musk. It has an undertone of spice that I really like. I dont smell at all the apple, lemon/citrus. Sorry if this is no help but I really like the name Autumn Sunset. The scent does make me think of sitting out side watching the sun going down, a cool breezy in the air ruffling the bright beautifully color leaves. But this is just me and everyone nose can be different.

But if you are not sure what to call it why not name it something like Mysterious Nights or something along those lines.

Sometimes it is better to not give it a name that defines it, so that way people can make up there own mind when they smell it.

Sorry if this is no help. GL