** What's in your pot this weekend? **

More snow seems to be in mine :( I've got a fair tomorrow - we're supposed to set up this afternoon.

But the pickup doesn't have a defroster, so we have to take the Wrangler *and* the 'vette. And the 'vette doesn't do snow very well, found that out yesterday at the bottom of the driveway. It's heavy but squirrley on slush. And no ground clearance - I act like a snowplow lol...

So I'll have to take the tables in the Wrangler today (can we even fit 3 tables? Might have to just do 2), then set up in the morning.

Decisions, decisions, DH is grumbling...:)

Do have to do some bath teas today, all sold out.

What are you guys all doing? Last of the fairs for those that do them I expect, good luck to almost the end of the season!

Funny thing is, I end up having to keep making more because I can't resist burning them myself. santalol

LOL Dont you hate that? Always making extra work for yourself? heheeh I'm sure manyof us do that too. I did that with my Autumn Harvest this year. I think I ended up using 16oz of that FO...geez. My house smells great though!

Doing Cranberry Balsam now....

I've been wanting to do the marbled pillars, they are sooooo pretty! I wanna be able to do them too. So that's the project tonight! LOL

I have orders for 6 more gift crates, so I will be assembling those this weekend. I'll also be pouring some 4 oz. Grandma's Kitchen and Cinnamon Balsam to fill a couple more orders. Then I plan to have some fun just for me ... will be pouring my sample of LP416 from Golden Brands. I have several samples of FO from Peaks I haven't had time to play with yet so I plan to use those. I can't wait to get started pouring! :yay:

I'll be getting my package of wicks and scent from Peaks today :yay: and tomorrow I will finally finish my Christmas present candles AND my first sale order! Then the missus and I will be assembling our Christmas gift packages, each will have a 12 oz red apothecary jar with Home for the Holidays, and a 12 oz coffee cup with Hazelnut Cappuccino, alomg wiht other assorted tasty goodies! If it works out, I may try to have a basket like these for sale next year.

Oh, I forgot, my pot is full of MC soy, but you probably already knew that :)

the geek

First of all I have to get everything organized again. During the move we just stuck all of the candle stuff into two different closets to get it out of the way so we could get everything else situated. Now both of those closets are full to the top and I have no idea where everything is!

I've gotten orders for candles all week long so I need to get them done and out to the people. Everyone is in the shopping mood now so I need to get my butt in gear!

My restaurant friends want more canes. I made them 25 4x4s last week & just dropped off a 7x5 and they liked it so much that they want 6 more of the whoppers. and they requested I create a few christmasy canes -- maybe clear w/some sort of wreath type design around the tops...that'll be a challenge.

Well lets see, All week, the plans I had changed after getting orders for a total of 17 cinnobuns when I only have one mold of it LOL .. ordered 3 more and waiting for them to arrive. Finally finished them up. Wow , never thought they would be such a popular pick.. It's going to be a wintery mix weekend here in SE PA , so I think I will play around with some new molds that I got in and see what I can do with them. Hubby wants to make a Hot Fudge Sundae this weekend ( candle) too bad not the real thing .. LOL

After getting bad news today from the obgyn, I think I will keep myself burried in wax to keep my mind off of things

Christina

Well, nothing is in my pot this weekend! Can you believe ? Seems both of my suppliers for my soy waxes are both completely out until 11 of December.:waiting: This has me slightly worried since both the stores are selling candles pretty quickly and I am having to restock them from the candles that I poured for a show next weekend! I'm down to twenty two cases and I have to deliver two of them tomorrow to the stores. I know I'll be out of Cranberry/Cinnamon for the show since I'm down to three of them and one of the customers at the store prepaid for those! Pluse I have a friend who took three dozen to a local show that I wasn't able to get into and she was. Since she didn't have much stuff ready to sell, she's taking my candles and playing ME! LOL! She's beenhelping me some at the shows like Atwood and had a blast!

When the soy waxes come in I'll be taking home several hundred pounds to pour for all of the orders I know will be phoned in.

It'll be okay though. I've been under much worse pressure and have done fine.:yes:

I've got blasted votives to make. I'm seriously thinking of discontinuing them. Maybe just sending them out as the free samples, but not offering them anymore. Blah. :P

Oh man Sara I couldn't agree with you more - I just hate making votives. They are so time consuming and such a PITA. One pour my butt!! Never for me at least. :sad2: I just poured about 125 of them too for a show since I darn near sold out of them at the last one. Every stinking' time I think of discontinuing something, I get hit with orders. Someday I just may get so frustrated that I discontine them anyway.

I'll be making votives for the swap (actually doing them right now) since I'm late...

I have two wholesale pillar orders to work on and start pouring for a fundraiser that got turned in this week. I have 2 more fundraisers starting...hopefully they'll take awhile to turn in to me because I'm already behind! LOL

Woo! It sounds like most of us are hanging in there fairly well with the holidays and all...

Votives and tarts to pour in Spiced Pumpkin Chutney, Warm Apple Pie, Cranberry Fig, Jack Frost, and Cookie Jar.

8 oz. jj's/ 8 oz. tureen wickless to pour in Grandma's Kitchen, Cherish, Buttermint Candies, Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies, Captivatingly Current, Orange Clove, Sweetberry Deelites, Hot Buttered Rum, Warm Vanilla Sugar, Rosemary Mint, Clean Cotton, Sage Sweetgrass & Cedar, and Buttermilk Pancakes.

Bah!!!! Sounds like this may carry me into the next couple of weekends. I've also got to shrink-wrap the votives & tarts, purchase gift baskets, label/ribbon, and assemble my Christmas gifts. :highfive:

Whats in my pot for the weekend always seems to change. I got my bear kit in this morning and I just got done dipping 3 of the bears. I am sooo scared that they won't turn out right. Seems like I spent more time squeezing all the wax out.. Great for a arm workout :-)

Now I am waiting the hour or so till I can blowdry them and fix them up . This is my first set.

Oh, hubby was sitting there after I was squeezing out the first bear, and he says to me " What fragrance did you use" ummmmm DUH!!!!!!! Forgot the fragrance. So , my first little bear has no fragrance. Poor little guy got dipped for no reason LOL

While I was squeezing him out, had hubby take the cinnamon FO and add it to the pot so the other two could smell LOL

I will keep the white one as a display and probably spray him with something and then the other two will go to my mom and mother in law as a Christmas gift/ tester LOL

I am praying these things go well.

One thing I noticed when I ordered my bear kit is that it came with an apron.. ummmm.. Hello, I am wayyy late on realizing why I should of had an apron from day one of candle making. And I wonder why I have to get new clothes all the time because my shirts get dye on them .. HEHEHE

Ohhh the joys of candle making :-) I love it!!!

Christina

Oh man Sara I couldn't agree with you more - I just hate making votives. They are so time consuming and such a PITA. One pour my butt!! Never for me at least. :sad2: I just poured about 125 of them too for a show since I darn near sold out of them at the last one. Every stinking' time I think of discontinuing something, I get hit with orders. Someday I just may get so frustrated that I discontine them anyway.

Me too But with Tea-lights. I am getting really sick of them...LOL...but that's ok, I'll live with it.

One thing I noticed when I ordered my bear kit is that it came with an apron.. ummmm.. Hello, I am wayyy late on realizing why I should of had an apron from day one of candle making. And I wonder why I have to get new clothes all the time because my shirts get dye on them .. HEHEHE

Ohhh the joys of candle making :-) I love it!!!

Christina

hehehe me too but I'm always getting wax on my shirts and i'm not really sure how I do it...ahh well. I like shopping anyway!