incredible soaps

tamtam

Those look fantastic. How in the world does she get such vibrant colors? Even using micas I don't get such strong colors. Maybe I'm just not using enough???

Oh well, with all the m&p I'm getting I'll be able to do a LOT of experimenting.

SFIC M&P CO-OP ends Feb. 5th.--still time to get your order in!

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/sh...518#post819518

Hi,

Omg, her soaps are out of this world, I just bought $46 worth, I wanted so many more...how in the world does she get them so bright and colorful? I can't wait to get them!!

Hugs

Michele

Could you review her soaps for us when you receive them? I'd be interested in hearing what your thoughts are after trying them out.

• 1 month later...

I'm curious too...how did you like her soaps? Any idea how she achieved those colors?

I've used the tkb neon colors in clear m&p and they are bright but in white m&p they (as seems do all colors) get muted. I wonder if she uses a clear and then adds a bit of white to get the opaque color but still achieves the bright colors. Might be something to think about. I tried all different pigments, micas, lakes, etc in white m&p alone and as you would expect, you get pastel shades.

I am so sorry bout posting sooner but to tell the truth, I've had so much happen in my life that I haven't even used one yet...They do all smell pretty good and although the colors really popped in the pictures, they are still nice...I will try to get going on this and post soon!

Hugs

Michele

..They do all smell pretty good and although the colors really popped in the pictures, they are still nice...

What do you mean by that? Were the colors less vivid when you look at the actual soap as opposed to the pics? Pics can be edited to have their colors 'pop'.

Hi,

I ordered 6 bars of her soap. I just went on Etsy to look at her pictures and the colors again. I sure don't want to give any negative feedback for her cause her soaps are awesome. The scents I bought are pumpkin brulee, passionate kisses, pilgrim's pie, vanilla blackberry, amish harvest, and sage & pomegranate. Out of those 6, there is only 1 of them listed now which was the pilgram's pie. Her colors of the soap are very nice, I think the one that seemed more "vibrant" to me was the passionate kisses, seemed more red in her pictures but it is still very nice. They each came in their own white box (like a necklace jewelry kind) with a little bit of that brown crinkle strips of paper under each soap. I really don't feel like I am at all qualified to make any judgements after thinking....or saying anything. I have made melt & pour soaps but have only tried a couple times with color now and mine do not compare to hers... so if ya all can tell, I'm feeling kinda bad, like I was saying negative things about her products which is not the case at all. Her soaps are beautiful, as well as her photography. Oh...there was a free small piece of watermelon soap also. I would be willing to slice off a small piece and send it to ya's, as long as ya's don't mind paying for the cost of mailing and I don't run out. Just pm me with your addy.

Hugs

Michele

http://www.etsy.com/shop/catherinefilippelli

these are some of the prettiest, coolest MP soaps I've ever seen.

She has some really cool products....

Have to give a warning here, I went to her website, www.aniselle.com, my AVG antivirus pops up a warning:

The page you are trying to access has been identified as a known exploit, phishing, or social engineering web site and therefore has been blocked for your safety.

Without protection, such as that in the AVG Security Toolbar and AVG, your computer is at risk of being compromised, corrupted or having your identity stolen.

Please follow one of the suggestions below to continue.

URL: google-nalytics.info/urchin.js

Name: Rogue scanner (type 962)

the URL above is a fake google analytics file to infect your computer. I have already notified her of the file, hopefully she will fix it soon, since I want to see the rest of the stuff on her site. I'm not pointing fingers or blaming anyone who inserted the file, just mentioning it so it gets fixed.

Just be very careful when going to her website.

I wonder if she uses a clear and then adds a bit of white to get the opaque color but still achieves the bright colors. Might be something to think about. .

This is what I think. If you look really closer at the soaps you can tell that most of the bars are mostly clear soap base. Still very pretty but I wonder how they lather....

oh and I am on a HIGHLY SECURED computer and I got an error message when going to her site.

oh and her ingredients lists reads like cp soap not mp soaps---I wouldn't dig that as a consumer if I didn't know how to make this myself I would be mislead and it could lead to a lawsuit....

Edited by tlc26

• 3 weeks later...