incredible soaps

tamtam

I think because its a different process to make clear soap, most people assume its not handmade but rather a purchased base.

You can read about making clear (glycerin) soap here...

it requires the use of rubbing alcohol (or VERY high proof alcohol) http://www.millersoap.com/glycerinsoap.html

Its quite possible her soap is handmade.. not M&P. I would ask her! I'm sure shes totally willing to tell you., If she makes it from scratch thats really cool, I've seen it but never seen anyone do it.. I wish I could see it in person some time, might make me more willing to try it, lol.

• 1 year later...

Hi!

I know this thread is 2010 but I just found some of the soap I had ordered from her. I would love to learn how to make such beautiful soap. Could anyone give me some advice or sites to learn how. I have only made m&p with out any color so my knowledge of it is close to nothing. Thank you so much for any help!

Bramble Berry has a video on swirling M&P (well, they have a ton of videos for making all kinds of stuff :-})

I was just going to suggest BB, The Soap Queen. On one of her videos she says to add just a little white soap to your clear M&P to give it a more vibrant color. If you go to Ebsy and look for soap you will see some of the most beautiful soap and more color than imaginable. I love the polka dots, always have.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/87890903/soap-gift-set-3-handmade-glycerin-soaps?ref=sr_gallery_5&sref=&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=handmade+glycerin+soaps&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=4&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade%2Fbath_and_beauty

Edited by Sharon in KY