I'm confused!!!!!

WAX:

The formula is a proprietary blend of very expensive, fully refined quality waxes and scientifically developed additives. The formula was developed to enable the wax to "layer" the fragrance oil in a new way.

candles does not use soy wax because of the odor that is difficult to mask and because soy does not have the ability to "throw" (meaning flood) the fragrance in a room. Soy does burn somewhat cleaner, but will not hold more than 8% fragrance oil.

The #1 reason consumers buy candles today is for FRAGRANCE

Stella maybe you can chime in on this

Ok I have purchased candles from this company before, I dont want to say they are over priced because they do have a good product, But I purchased a candle with a soy blend from someone on this board for half the cost of this big company and her candle filled my Kitchen and living room up in about 30 minutes.And she said she uses 6006 with a soy blend.

Ok this is where the confusion comes in I thought we all had access to the same wax and what is this formula that enables wax to layer the frarance in a new way. I made paraffin candles in the past and I learned that you had to stir your FO for at least 2 full minutes and give it a good stir again before pouring so that the FO was distributed in the wax, so is this what they call layering?

And then they are putting down Soy wax becuase it has a odor you cant rid of and doesnt throw well.Is this true? My candles that I made before had an awesome hot throw, But I worked long and hard Blending my own formula and testing each FO.

I'm willing to do the testing but if Soy does not throw as well as My Blend , My friends and family will be dissappointed.

Wanting to get started in a couple of weeks so any advice is greatly apperciated.

Thanks Carryl

People can write ANYTHING and if it's shrouded in enough bull, people believe it. Caveat emptor.

I thought we all had access to the same wax and what is this formula that enables wax to layer the frarance in a new way
Companies can contact wax manufacturers to develop and private brand their own proprietary blend of wax. Perhaps this is what they have done. Doesn't mean their product is any better or worse. Some people use additives in preblended formulas... again, doesn't mean their products will be any better or worse. What matters is that the entire system (wax, FO, additives, wicking, container) works together to an acceptable end.
Soy does burn somewhat cleaner, but will not hold more than 8% fragrance oil.
Not true. This is coming from the "mo' is betta" school of thought, frequently seen with the "triple scented" claims. More FO will not necessarily achieve a better throw - it's the quality of the FO and how that FO is utilized by the candle system that matters.
The #1 reason consumers buy candles today is for FRAGRANCE
True, because many folks have swilled the koolaid of marketing hype and are just plain idiots about fragrance. For some reason, they believe that they should never smell an unpleasant odor and that EVERYTHING has to smell GOOD 24/7!!! They don't wanna compost anything because it smells "dirty." They don't wanna cook fish cause it smells "fishy." They shower and shampoo the life out of their hair & skin because they don't wanna have any of that awful human odor we've been taught is just socially unacceptable!! God forbid anyone should actually SWEAT!! *faint* Their packaged foods are "designed" by food manufacturers to smell and appear appealing. They never think about what all that "designing" is doing to their bodies! This is part of the "pussification" of modern society!!! We have to have fragrance in EVERYTHING lest we smell anything vaguely natural - detergents, soaps, armpit deodorant, douches, body perfumes, air fresheners, garbage bags, vacuum cleaner bags, mouthwash, etc. In many people's home environment, there already exists a cacophony of fragrances!! No wonder they need candles with hot throw that make one's eyes water and sinuses run! They can't SMELL anymore and their noses are continually stopped up from all the assault on their olfactory senses!! People who use mostly unscented products in their homes are far more sensitive to fragrance and know that a little goes a long way.

Don't buy into marketing hype. Baffling people with bullsh*t rather than dazzling them with brilliance is a finely honed art! It is designed to separate you from your money with no regard for real results or detriment to your body or environment. Use common sense and you won't often go wrong.

NatureWax C3 has a very pleasing hot & cold throw which can be enhanced by the use of additives, but even without them, it's fine by itself. It's a happy medium that minimizes the ugly cosmetic aspects of soy wax (frosting, ugly tops, grainy texture) while keeping the CT & HT at acceptable levels.

Everybody has their marketing babble, with little companies and handcrafters unfortunately being among the worst.

Soy wax does actually throw less than paraffin blends on the average, but it's completely untrue to say that soy can't flood the room with scent. Individual waxes vary and the wax you use is only one factor among many. Scent throw comes from the overall design of the candle and all the testing and decisions that go into it. How many new people do we get who complain that they can't get much throw from their initial efforts, regardless what wax they use?

My pet peeve is that people could actually produce excellent and innovative products, but they don't. Instead of identifying real quality factors and putting the work into achieving them, they make the same old same old presented with marketing babble about irrelevant things.

Yeah, we use soy because it's clean burning -- that soot accumulating on the glass is the cleanest and most wholesome available! We use all-natural cotton wicks -- yawn! We pour in lots of fragrance oil -- who ever thought of that?? Food-grade wax -- wow, just like my milk carton and cucumbers and in the fryer at McDonalds!

I <3 Stella

People can write ANYTHING and if it's shrouded in enough bull, people believe it. Caveat emptor.

Companies can contact wax manufacturers to develop and private brand their own proprietary blend of wax. Perhaps this is what they have done. Doesn't mean their product is any better or worse. Some people use additives in preblended formulas... again, doesn't mean their products will be any better or worse. What matters is that the entire system (wax, FO, additives, wicking, container) works together to an acceptable end.

Not true. This is coming from the "mo' is betta" school of thought, frequently seen with the "triple scented" claims. More FO will not necessarily achieve a better throw - it's the quality of the FO and how that FO is utilized by the candle system that matters.

True, because many folks have swilled the koolaid of marketing hype and are just plain idiots about fragrance. For some reason, they believe that they should never smell an unpleasant odor and that EVERYTHING has to smell GOOD 24/7!!! They don't wanna compost anything because it smells "dirty." They don't wanna cook fish cause it smells "fishy." They shower and shampoo the life out of their hair & skin because they don't wanna have any of that awful human odor we've been taught is just socially unacceptable!! God forbid anyone should actually SWEAT!! *faint* Their packaged foods are "designed" by food manufacturers to smell and appear appealing. They never think about what all that "designing" is doing to their bodies! This is part of the "pussification" of modern society!!! We have to have fragrance in EVERYTHING lest we smell anything vaguely natural - detergents, soaps, armpit deodorant, douches, body perfumes, air fresheners, garbage bags, vacuum cleaner bags, mouthwash, etc. In many people's home environment, there already exists a cacophony of fragrances!! No wonder they need candles with hot throw that make one's eyes water and sinuses run! They can't SMELL anymore and their noses are continually stopped up from all the assault on their olfactory senses!! People who use mostly unscented products in their homes are far more sensitive to fragrance and know that a little goes a long way.

Don't buy into marketing hype. Baffling people with bullsh*t rather than dazzling them with brilliance is a finely honed art! It is designed to separate you from your money with no regard for real results or detriment to your body or environment. Use common sense and you won't often go wrong.

NatureWax C3 has a very pleasing hot & cold throw which can be enhanced by the use of additives, but even without them, it's fine by itself. It's a happy medium that minimizes the ugly cosmetic aspects of soy wax (frosting, ugly tops, grainy texture) while keeping the CT & HT at acceptable levels.