Is there another way?

Is there another way to heat up your candle jars besides using the oven??

My oven & my candle making room are not in the same room. I'm sick of going back and forth. Does anyone do anything differently to keep jars warm until they are filled up with wax??

Thanks for the replies, Vanessa

Get a convection oven for your candle room -- preferably one with a thermostat knob that you can set to any temperature (the ones with electronic controls usually start at 170 like a regular oven). A roaster oven (the sort with a lid on top) also works if you don't need too much space.

I have a toaster oven on the work bench that holds about 12 jars at a time. I just keep adding jars to the oven as warmed ones are used. It keeps them nice and toasty and I don't pull and wick them until I'm ready to pour. I got it at Walmart on close out for about $20.00. HTH.

Steve

Thanks all for your ideas!!

From your ideas I came up with this. I am going to try using my portable space heater - you know those small units, only about 1 foot X 1 foot. I will set it in the room and aim it at the containers. I could do a good 12 containers at a time with this!! Then I can keep this in the room just to keep the room somewhat warmer and maybe this will help with continued adhesion through the following 24 hours.

What do you all think? Vanessa

I used to use a toaster oven in my work shop which works great, but a hassle to always rotate jars in and out. Recently, I found the Oster Stainless Steel warming plate which is completely flat, very light weight and made to hold to 13x9 pans, so I can hold 24 jars at one time on it.

THe only downfall is it doesn't have a temp control just one temp which is a little warmer than I would like, but I am moving them on and off fairly quickly, so doesn't seem to be a problem so far. I think it is a big time saver for me not having to squeeze them in and out of the oven.

Even though it doesn't heat the jars all over, like the oven, the heat does disperse through the glass, and it has not been an issue at all. So far I have been thrilled with my new find!