Those that sell at craft fairs

msalex28a

I use the industrial plastic wrap from Sam's. It's easy and smell through. I have a whole shrink wrap set up, but customers didn't like not being able to smell the soaps. I got smell through shrink wrap from Therapy Garden, but it was a huge pain in the a$$ for me to fiddle with. The Sam's wrap stretches and gives a lovely clean look.

I always wrap my M&P soap because here in Alabama it's so humid the soaps will sweat and look ugly. I also like to keep them protected from dust etc.

~Julia

I have a huge problem with the sweating if I don't shrinkwrap them. For right now I usually have them separated by scent on the same shelf as my coordinating lotion and sanitizers and just tell customers that the lotions are the closest thing to the way the soap smells (atleast for me).

I use this system for my candles and soaps:

http://www.nationalshrinkwrap.com/page/page/4625592.htm

They have a perforated polyolefin wrap that you are supposed to be able to smell thru but the soap won't sweat. I haven't tried that one but I am almost out of the non-perf'd version so it is on my list to order once my current role is almost gone.

I make my own cigar band labels for my soap and put them in trays. I also stack them in rows on top of one another. The bottom rows are wrapped in wax paper so as the top row is sold I can open up a 'fresh row' of soap. That way people can pick one up from the top layer and smell without touching the soap. I also have soap wrapped in cello bags and placed in white gloss soap boxes. If I don't leave a sample out people don't buy.

Whatever you do to wrap your soap you should definitely leave at least a sample out for people to see and smell. Your sales will be so much better than without it. People buy much more soap when they can see and smell it. Thats my experience anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I also use shrink wrap. When I first started out I used saran wrap. For samples I put a small piece in a little bag for customers to sniff but love the idea of wrapping the sample in shrink wrap. I'm getting a new soap display made by a friend and the way I have samples now may not work.

I'll have to post pictures of the soap stands once I get them.