Walmart jars

Hi everyone. Have you all seen those thick heavy type square shape jars at walmart in the craft section, they dont have a lid. They are square at the top, and the shape kinda tapers towards the bottom. Well, i was thinking about buying some of those maybe and trying them out. Anyway my question is....does anyone recommend these type or use them yourselves? They dont have a pid, so i was wondering how well will they cure without a lid? Is there any place to get lids for them? Whats your opinons on this type of jar? Thank you!!

HI

I have tried these jars, and had a little bit of a hard time getting them wicked right. They had a lot of hangup. But I was using Ez soy and htp wicks. Maybe with your wick/wax combo they might work. They are pretty jars though. I covered them with tin foil.

Hi,

I have both jars but have only tested the large one. I have only used the JS-123 paraffin blend in it, not soy as of yet. I did have to double wick, which I do anyway. I have only used one for myself and gave one to a friend as a gift. It burns nicely. The corners of course are the last to melt. You have to burn these a little longer than a normal sized mouthed jar in order to get all the corners. I may offer them as a special jar down the road -- limited additions with only a few scents to choose from.

~Holly

I tried them and they were really hard for me to wick also. I didn't think to double wick them, maybe I could try that.

I did try another glass container from them that worked really well. It is the rectangled shaped one in the same dept. It is about 5 inches long and about 3" wide. I put three wicks in it - I think lx 20 or lx 21. It burned great and looked really cute.

I tried them and they were really hard for me to wick also. I didn't think to double wick them, maybe I could try that.

I did try another glass container from them that worked really well. It is the rectangled shaped one in the same dept. It is about 5 inches long and about 3" wide. I put three wicks in it - I think lx 20 or lx 21. It burned great and looked really cute.

Hey Jeana,

I have those rectangular jars too. I have not poured in them yet though. I think they are cute looking too. I have so many things I want to try but not enough time. I have so many big plans on creative things I want to do, but I have to keep telling myself, "one thing at a time." I have never even made a votive, tart or pillar yet. The only thing that I tend to do that overwhelms me a bit is that I buy so many different oils to test and also a jar here and a jar there to try out. I will probably start tarts and votives in January. :)

Laura,

I bought one of those jars and tried to wick it with a HTP 1212. It burned all the way down but left a hang up on one side. I think I'll try some more as I got some CDN wicks. I might try the HTP 1312 to single wick or maybe double wick. They are pretty jars....... I use "Press & seal" which is found near the baggies, saran wrap and foil paper. It's a snap. I just tear off a piece and cut into the sizes I need for my jars and seal it around the top of the jar.

Pam

Hi,

I've used both the large and small square jars and the large and small rectange jars. The small squares I wicked with an LX 26, and the large square jar I double wicked with 2 LX 26's. The rectangle jars I double wicked the small ones and triple wicked large ones with LX 22's. I use EcoSoya Advanced (original) with a little Vybar.

Matthew

Speaking of Walmart jars, I was suprised to see they had some of those cute bean pot jars there recently. The kind like the JarStore carries. They looked to be about 16oz. They were only $1.47. Too bad Walmart - or my Walmart - is so bad at keeping things in stock. I wouldn't mind switching to these and save on my shipping. But knowing my luck with Walmart I would start using them and they wouldn't carry them anymore.

I use both sizes of these square glass containers. The small I use 1 wick and the large I double wick with eco 8. They are a big seller for me. I love the look when they are burning. They are very pretty. I just cover mine with plastic wrap.

My wax is soy with a small blend of J50.

Hope that helps. Good Luck

julwid

Has anyone ever really talked to there store manager? I did see mine one time heading out of his office & just in passing asked him if I wanted these jars in larger quanitities would he be able to order 3 or 4 cases for me. ( I had bought a couple of containers just to play with) Now this was just in passing & I haven't really taken him up on it but at the time he said sure.

Like I said I don't really know if it's true or not but I would think if you told a store manager you needed a couple of cases of a certain container he'd be more than happy to order it for you. (he'd make money & you still save a ton on shipping & such)

just wondering,

Karen B